I have a Volvo 110B and was wondering if anyone has turned the accelerator pedal into a decelerator pedal? If I could swap the accelerator cable and the return spring around, I think it would work.
It probably could be done but don't know why you want to do it? I like keeping the skid at a lower idle to try to save fuel, can always step on it for more power or speed.
yes , why you want to that?
95% of my skid usage is for snow removal. I have a pushbox on the front and it takes all the throttle you have to push 6-8 yards of snow. My operator only comes off the throttle when he gets to the pile and starts to stack the snow. He generally uses the hand throttle and just hammers it but I figured a decelerator pedal could be useful and kinda cool.
k , makes sense :notworthy
awesome idea, like a de-clutch kinda.
I would love to have a decelerator on a skid steer. That would make alot more sence to me that the accelerator pedal. The only way I run equipment is wide open. I do think an auto idle woould be kinda cool also.
Sounds like a good idea for what you do with your machine. Let us know how it turns out (if you do it)
for snow removal i definitely see what you mean. Spent 22 hours last week in a CAT 257...i used the accel pedal for about 12 hours then my knee started to get sore from holding it down so i just set the throttle at full and left it there pushing up piles a decel would definitely be a nice treat...keep your foot off it on long pushes then only use the pedal for short work...would save the knee