Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773 hydraulic issue

maint.man ยท 2016-03-10 15:41

I have a Bobcat 773 G series and the bucket will not lift or tilt. I'm getting 2 error messages and i'm unsure if they are related. #4410 Hydraulic lock valve open circuit #4340 Front base output signal error on I have found the valve that has wire #4410 running to it and it has 0 voltage. I have chased this wire all the way to the main controller and there is no voltage leaving pin on the main controller. I'm assuming either the main controller is bad, or the voltage supply for this function is missing. Can anyone tell me what wire would supply this voltage to the main controller? Thanks in advance. :Banghead

Replies13
  1. #1lantraxco2016-03-10 15:52

    I know nothing about this machine but I have to ask, is this circuit switched power or switched ground? Check the other side of the solenoid and measure whether it's connected to a ground or is an open circuit as the error code suggests?

  2. #2maint.man2016-03-10 15:53

    It definitely still has a ground at the solenoid but no voltage on the other wire.

  3. #3crewchief8882016-03-10 16:25

    open circuit faults are typically a broken wire, or bad connection. on the LH dash, are any of the idiot lights flashing when it throws the fault? :drinkup

  4. #4maint.man2016-03-10 16:27

    Yes The "lift/tilt valve" light is blinking once. I am assuming broken wire as well, but I have traced wire #4410 from the solenoid to the main controller and there is no breakage. Unsure what wire to chase when looking for supply voltage to the controller.

  5. #5crewchief8882016-03-10 17:06

    supply voltage TO the controller comes in multiple red or red/white wires. if you unplug the coil, and turn the key on, does the fault code change? :drinkup

  6. #6maint.man2016-03-10 18:05

    the code does not change when the coil is unplugged.

  7. #7crewchief8882016-03-11 07:47

    do you have continuity on the wire from from the controller to the coil? :drinkup

  8. #8maint.man2016-03-11 08:45

    Yes i have continuity from the coil to the end of the plug going in to the controller.

  9. #9crewchief8882016-03-11 13:58

    having continuity is good, but it doesnt mean it will carry the signal. you can try running a jumper wire from connector to connector and see what happens. if you backprobed the controller connector, and have no voltage, my best guess is the problem is with the controller. bobcat controller are "unprogrammed" you'll need a dealer with service software to do this. :drinkup

  10. #10maint.man2016-03-11 14:04

    I was afraid of that. I was thinking about running a hot wire straight off the battery and adding a toggle switch. You know of any reason i should not un-mount the controller and give it a look?

  11. #11crewchief8882016-03-11 14:29

    nothing really to look at. the controller is a sealed unit. :drinkup

  12. #12msllc2016-03-14 01:38

    Run 12 volts / battery power to the solenoid, then try it out. It can not hurt to try it out that way.

  13. #13Bryan Fraser2016-07-08 19:56

    Having the same issue with my S300 and need to get some work done this weekend... Did you try the toggle switch? If so did it work? Thinking about doing it myself since the dealer in Greenville is 3 days out and not open till Monday