I got the old (leaking) line off, but don't know what it is called so I can look up the part number. The hose has straight connectors on either end and is 32" long... any ideas?
It’s just going to come up in SiS as “hose assy” The couplings probably have part numbers still legible. But, we can give it a name, if you want. I say, let’s call it “Mr. Leaky”. Let’s just toss Mr. Leaky in the back of the old Chevy and take him to the Caterpillar dealership and they will fix you up in no time. Or, the Parker store. Or, give us a machine serial number and we’ll all be looking up groups and part numbers and talking about our favorite hose brands and IS04406 hydraulic cleanliness values and such. Then, we can talk about the kind of oil you are going to top off the system with.
You're awesome. wow. Well, here is the info: Bobcat C Series 773 skidsteer PIN (S/N) = 509639088 My problem in the past is when I go to these shops (which we have 2 or so locally), they always tell me "we can't get it to exactly the same length" which I don't understand. I could show them how to do it, but... so yeah, if nothing else, I will do that, but... if you have the ability to get the part number that would be awesome! I have spent an hour online trying to figure it out myself...
So I got the parts manual for the 773, and it shows the above (if I have it right). The hose comes off of the right side of the hydrostatic filter, and it goes behind the engine to the middle of the cab area but immediately behind the engine - very hard to reach. And my hose is just one hose, not 2 like they show above. And my hose has the connector like where I pointed the red arrow above (male). Hope this helps.
Holy cow, I thought we were fixing a 773 Cat haul truck. Bobcat. I see. Well, reading is difficult. This is actually easier because the parts info is all on-line.
So, that is your case drain hose. It’s probably -6 with female jic fittings on each end. But, your machine doesn’t have the hard line on it. Which, could have been removed at some point. I’m still trying to find a part number, but it’s really not necessary. You could make your own with a chunk of Parker 206-6 and a pair of field attachable fittings. Order everything on line and never go to the hose shop ever again.
Have your hose shop make it. If they are saying they can't get the length right I hope they're talking about the last eighth of a inch. Won't matter
This is the parts diagram by your serial number. Item #17, hose #6704159, but it doesn't look like a male fitting on either end of that hose as it shows going to JIC adapter fittings with male ends.
Maybe... I should clarify tho. The hose connects to the right side of the hydrostatic filter, yes. The left side of the filter then goes to the hydrostatic oil cooler. So the hose on the right side then goes to something that is on top of the tank that holds the hydrostatic oil. I think it may be the pump, not sure. Is it? If you're right tho, the part number would be 6704159, #17 there, correct? I'll look that one up. Yeah, I may still get it made on monday. Sure, if he can stay pretty close, I'm ok with that. Question: should I get a hose with the protective (cloth?) cover over it? I assume that's to protect the rubber?
You're absolutely correct too btw - they're both female not male - not sure what I was thinking! ha! thank you! That does look correct, yes.
Ok, I'm confused, is the hose you're looking for on this diagram at all?
I guess you posted just as I was posting.
Was wondering when you said SiS but I couldn't remember what Bobcat called their parts system.
I about got banned from AK Rubber years ago when they had to remake a hose twice. Needed it let's say 20" long, gave me a hose that was 19". "Well that's close enough" No, no it's not. Want to try wrestling a short 1" line that's an inch too short elbow deep in the guts of a skidder?
yes. 17 i think
AK Rubber, lol. Those guys,…. Saltchuk was/is a big account, but the slope always took preference. Orders took forever to fulfill. Subpar service. Then, when the slope slowed down, Saltchuk was their new best friend. They have been sending me surveys and gift cards, reaching out trying to get my business. The new Wasilla branch is handy. I do admit. They want to sell me cargo tank parts, but I have more inventory than they do. I can beat their price from my suppliers consistently 25%. No meat left on the bone when they try to supply me.
Willie59 is in the house. He will get this mess straightened out. The Bobcat MC. The boss of the applesauce. The Bobcat Doosan guy. Much respect.
Well, that was a former life, but I do remember a few things.
I need to find out who made an aluminum suction "stinger" for a pump last week. Got sent up with paper towels in the ends to keep it clean. Good thing I checked before putting it to use for the customer, was plumb full of metal from them cutting and threading it. Not to mention nothing deburred so was razer sharp. Ripped open a hole in a not even day old set of gloves
Thanks for all of your help here. I was able to get the hose place to just build me a new one and he was pretty close on the length and we have it on now and mk skidsteer is now happy...
Furguson
Usually slightly longer is better than shorter but sometimes the factory hoses are too long and can rub on something.
Oh man. I didn't even think about that! I should always be checking it and making sure he cleaned it out well before installing!!!
Pretty common for hose shops to cut, crimp, and go. One should at least blow some air through the line to remove heavy debris from assembly. Cat hose shops typically run a cleaning sponge through hose assemblies that they make, but most independent shops don't
Good thing it goes immediately to the case drain filter.
Better shops blow the foam plugs through the hose. Princess Auto even does.
I never thought of doing that. I usually spray solvent or brake clean through them unless I trust they are clean.
TFran, we have a '94 773 and same hose is leaking. Was able to work my hand around behind the motor and get a crowsfoot on it but can't get it to budge. How did you get the hose off? It's a tight fit behind the motor. Looked at taking skidplate off but it appears the skid plate doesn't drop down like we thought/hoped. Any advice is appreciated.
TFran, we have a '94 773 and same hose is leaking. Was able to work my hand around behind the motor and get a crowsfoot on it but can't get it to budge. How did you get the hose off? It's a tight fit behind the motor. Looked at taking skidplate off but it appears the skid plate doesn't drop down like we thought/hoped. Any advice is appreciated.
So it's 2 things right? 1. the connection next to the hydraulic filter and 2. the one by the hydraulic pump (under the seat). For #1, that one was pretty easy. take coolant reservoir off and the plate off etc. To get a wrench to work there tho, I bought an open end wrench (whatever the size was. 17mm? don't remember) that fit, then I ground off one side of it so that I could rotate it far enough. Maybe 1/8". That took care of that one. But for #2, ok, this one was a challenge, yes. First I bought a brand new combination wrench and cut it in half - used the open end. Put it on there, then had my son stand back and with a 5' 2X4 or so, put one end on the stub end of the combination wrench - and my son with a hand sledge hit the 2X4 and it broke it loose. Getting it off then was easy. To put it back on is different. I think I used the stub again and possibly took another large (not cut in half) combination and hooked it over the end and pulled it toward me and it tightened just fine. Either that or was able to use just a combination by itself... good luck.
Generally it's a little easier tightening fittings on new hoses than trying to get the old fittings loose. Could be because of the heat cycles and time the fittings have been on. Many "custom" wrenches have been made for getting hyd. fittings off and on. Sometimes you have to take a bunch of other stuff and hoses off to get at the one you need to replace.
Ah, we have been trying to go in from the back and reaching around the motor with a crow's foot wrench, extensions and a socket. Will try coming in the top side. Thanks for the insight. Should be fun. ha.
@tfran and @bknickol Just a heads up when working on your Bobcats. You can look up the part number by serial number for your machine, order it direct from Bobcat online, and have it direct shipped to your door for the same cost as going to your local hydraulic shop. The hoses are exact fit, and some of the odd ball fittings used inside the chassis will no longer be an issue for your hydraulic shop to find. I learned this last year when doing some in depth work on my 753. I have a great local hydraulic shop, but there were 3 fittings used on hoses I wanted to replace that were not any kind of stock item. Odd length/bend tubing built into the fittings. I looked them up and ordered from Bobcats online parts purchase system and the new hoses arrived the next day and were direct replacement. Exact length as original, same fittings, etc. No issues changing them out. If this isn't a rush job, definitely consider Bobcats online system when ordering hoses, parts, etc. Their shipping rates were very reasonable and shipping was fast, though I do live close to one of their distribution centers.