Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773 Lift Spool Leak?

Onelastride12 ยท 2021-11-01 21:04

1999 Bobcat 773 1096 Hours Issue: Lifting pallet of bricks and when using the tilt was almost like it was stuck, then popped, and then tilt was fine. When pulling back into barn saw there was oil under me from the spot I lifted. Opened it up and the cap on the lift spool was on the floor of the machine where the oil was exiting. From everything I can see the oil is coming from the lift spool. Tilt still is fine (filled up hydraulic oil to test). Dentent ball and bring issue? O-Ring/plastic plug issue in spool? First skid steer so thanks in advance for the direction. Ben

Replies1
  1. #1gta182021-11-15 15:33

    I'm also dealing with spool leak on my lifting arm on my 1994 753. I already found my issue, the previous guy who owned and probably worked on my machine did not replace or install the plastic plug and oring that I think its supposed to be in there. Since I can't find or buy the plastic plug 6596807 from anyone local and I have extra of the ball bearing and 1/4-28 tpi set screw available. I'm planning to just insert a viton 1/4 O.D. ring and then the ball and setscrew there to plug that hole.