Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hi I have a Case 1835-B 188 Diesel, just have low power? help

SROsgood67 · 2021-11-01 11:39

Got this with not running ,replaced all rubber line and filters change oil filter and hydraulic filters, fuel filters. Had to rebuild injection pump, put electric pump in for primer pump. Runs now low power no high power, except if I make bucket lift then Engine revs up going up or down. Not sure what I should check next would really appreciate some Help ? Thank so much

Replies10
  1. #1thepumpguysc2021-11-01 15:04

    What did u do w the head&rotor.? Did u adjust the fuel setting.?? What parts did u change.?? Feel free to contact me directly.. @aol.com

  2. #2Delmer2021-11-01 21:48

    Did you rebuild the injection pump yourself? or who did it? Does the engine rev up with no load? does it smoke when it has low power? does the engine slow down and speed up, or just sound louder when you lift the bucket?

  3. #3thepumpguysc2021-11-02 09:53

    I’m guessing u missed something on the rebuild.. & that why I get paid the big bucks.. lol

  4. #4SROsgood672021-11-02 16:48

    Hi no only if I prime the system start with throttle open all the way but slowly drops back down, but I found if I squeeze primer bulb I can get it to throttle back up or raise bucket up or down it will race up? Smoke for seconds then races up to full throttle, then back down. I don't have that kind of money . Retired once a month i get a check.

  5. #5ThreeCW2021-11-03 17:43

    It could be a fuel delivery problem if you can get it to throttle up by squeezing the primer bulb. You will want to go through the whole fuel delivery system from the cap on the fuel tank, the dip tube in the tank, any inline fuel filter (if present), fuel pump (including possibly a screen built into the pump), the fuel filter housing, primary fuel filter and fuel line to the injection pump. If can can prove that all of those are working correctly, you will have to move on to trouble shooting other possibilities. I know you have a CASE, but here are a few threads on CAT fuel problems that may give you some ideas. HeavyEquipmentForums HeavyEquipmentForums

  6. #6SROsgood672021-11-12 20:18

    Ok hi guys up date I believe I found the problem their are two power pistons ,one side with no adjuster moves free,the side with the adjuster screw is stuck in side piston hole plug? What is best way to free it up Help please.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2021-11-13 02:32

    There aren’t 2 power pistons .. There’s 1 pp and 1 SPRING PISTON.. The spring piston is fine.. leave it alone.. it’s what’s called a “push/pull” trimmer piston.. It DOESNT come out except when u screw the adjuster IN... LEAVE IT ALONE.. it’s not your problem..

  8. #8SROsgood672021-11-13 16:10

    Ok thanks for the advice,checking that off , still on the hunt for the lack of power or high RPM. Thank you for the help.

  9. #9thepumpguysc2021-11-13 22:32

    Is the flex ring still intact.?? If not, are the rivets still intact.?? The fueling is controlled by the Allen screw on the rotor.. There’s a spec for it.. but your over your head.. Why are u taking the chance of blowing up your engine.??

  10. #10SROsgood672021-11-14 15:13

    Ok I did put in new flex ring it's working fine, I did a feeling air was still in fuel system. I found trap air in fittings from pump through steel lines going to injectors, it runs a lot better runs like the Bobcat I operated at Boston whaler 12 years out of 21 years.thanks for your help. Thepumpguy.