Hi, I bought a Bobcat 773 from my boss recently and currently it’s having an issue with the lift and tilt pedals not responding. We had it working fine then parked it for the night came out the next day and the lift/tilt wouldn’t respond, right before this problem occurred we had an issue come up where the machine would not fire by the key, the only way to start it is jumping the solenoid at the starter. These issues were spaced out by about a week so they may be intwined, however the lift/tilt did work for a short time after the starting issue started. So after a few months I purchased it from my boss since he didn’t want to deal with it. I’ve done so minor digging and have tried to eliminate some items. All lights illuminate when it’s running, no flashes on the lift/tilt valve light, my left pedal is free but the right pedal seems locked up. I can move and drive around fine since I didn’t have a bucket hooked up and the lift arms were high enough off the ground. I was maybe thinking the lockout valve solenoid was the issue, but after reading some forums if that were the issue the lift/tilt valve light would be flashing? Maybe I’m wrong? I can post more information on my model bobcat tomorrow with serial numbers and hopefully the correct series type. I have pictures of the machine attached. Any help would be appreciated thanks!!
Can't say for sure looking at the pic but that looks like a G series 773. If it is, is the alarm working? You should hear one long beep from the alarm when you first power up the ignition. If that works, then anytime there's a fault you would hear three short beeps from the alarm alerting you to a problem with the electrical system.
Thanks for the quick response willie! I was just about to repost a picture of the manual I received from my boss. Yes it’s a G series. I don’t hear an alarm when I turn the key on but I wouldn’t doubt if my boss at some point in the entire time he’s owned it he found a way to remove it. If I were to assume the alarm is working, and an electrical issue is the problem, would the solenoid on the main valve body be a good place to start?
I am referring to that solenoid simply because of looking through other forums and YouTube videos.
It's possible it has a faulty spool lock solenoid, but you really need to get that alarm fixed, that alarm is how the main controller communicates with you when it's seeing a problem. Could be the alarm is simply disconnected or has gone poof and stopped working. Not easy to get to, but you could always temporarily remove the spool lock solenoid for the right pedal and just leave it hanging by the wiring harness and see if your right pedal now works. I'm pretty sure you can access the spool lock solenoids on a 773G by removing the cover panel between the tires on the right side. Been a while since I've worked on one though to be sure.
Alright I’ll dig into that tomorrow! I will post what I find when I disconnect the spool lock solenoid. I’ll do some digging tonight to locate that alarm and see where it was connected and possibly reconnect it if I can
Won't do you any good to "disconnect" the spool lock solenoid, you have to actually remove it from the block that it's mounted in, that should allow the right pedal to move freely. And if you leave it disconnected from the harness the main controller will see that. The alarm is in the bottom of the left cab panel. It's possible to get a look in there by removing the left side headlight, peek in and see if it's just disconnected. But to access it you have to remove the two allen head machine screws that retain the center panel where the parking brake rocker switch is, pull that panel back, then remove the two allen head screws that retain the left panel to pull the left panel.
I hear a short term beep when the key is engaged but it’s not very long. That’s probably the alarm you ar wrecker ring to. It does not beep multiple times so i I already have all three access panels pulled back while I was trying to figure out the issue myself. Tomorrow I will look into the alarm. The only noise I hear is while I’m turning the key to crank, it beeps three times. But since the machine doesn’t start by the key I figured it was something to do with the ignition and not the hydraulics, I must be wrong since that sounds like the alarm the more I talk about it.
Well I figured it out Willie and I feel ashamed because of it! I had a blown fuse and a bad relay. Big face palm on my end. Thanks for responding though I really appreciate it! That’ll be the first thing I check next time
Hey, no shame there, rather, it's good to hear you got it sorted out