Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help locating glow plugs !

MikeC1962 ยท 2020-12-03 16:20

Hello, The old farmer next door has a Daewoo 1550XL ... about 20 years old ... he does not even have a computer. He uses it daily to clean out the barn. He said it was getting very hard to start ... and to use ether all the time. I checked and three of the 4 glow plugs are reading infinite ohms (open). So, I tried my "local" Doosan dealer ... no one is "local" in Vermont. He said none i stock .... he could "try" to order them from Korea and at best it could take weeks to months to get them! I tried two other places here in the North East .... none Can anyone suggest anywhere I can find these plugs? To the best of my knowledge they were used in both skid loaders and in forklifts. The part number I got from my local dealer was: A273797 A quick google search also finds DWA273797, 273797, .... Can anyone suggest where I can find 4 of these? Or maybe these cross reference with another plug (I couldn't find one but maybe someone else can)? Thanks .... Mike

Replies6
  1. #1funwithfuel2020-12-03 18:14

    Have you tried an auto autolite catalog? I've had good luck with them as an aftermarket source. You might even try Napa or O'Reilly's.

  2. #2Birken Vogt2020-12-03 18:35

    I had a very hard time locating an aftermarket GP for an old Isuzu, which was a much more popular engine than Daewoo/Doosan. It had to come from the dealer and I had to wait, but at least being a popular engine it was in the States. I scoured a lot of catalogs even by dimension and nothing was close enough for my liking.

  3. #3Jonas3022020-12-03 20:21

    https://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express-DWA273797-PLUG-GLOW/dp/B07MNXCRXV

  4. #4Tenwheeler2020-12-03 20:43

    Is there actually a number on the glow plug? I have found most glow plugs with that number through retailers similar to funwithfuel. Could not find them for a Lister but my fuel pump shop did.

  5. #5excavator2020-12-03 21:01

    If I remember right Daewoo used Yanmar in some of their skid steers. Otherwise do a bit of research here on HEF, about a month or so ago someone was looking for Daewoo skid steer parts.

  6. #6MikeC19622020-12-03 22:33

    Thanks ... there was a number on the plug but I didn't bother writing it down since I had the correct part number. The Amazon link if a fake. It links to EFI Equip and parts. I called them directly ... got a guy in Florida (their warehouse is in PA). He said he could look around and he "might: be able to order them .. but it would be at least a month and cost $78 each (what happened to the $45 on Amazon and 4 in stock)???? I have been trying to match them but nothing so far. Seems they were specially made by (for) Daewoo ... it is a real Daewoo engine in the loader. I anyone hears of any .. or knows a dealer ... I don't care where they are, heck I just had some parts come in from Poland different job ... please let me know. Thanks .... Mike