Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773 – No voltage to Fuel Shut Off Solenoid or Glow Plugs

Shawn54855 ยท 2021-09-28 08:45

I am brand new here and in dire need of assistance. I have a Bobcat 773F with BOSS. I am coming to the end of an almost 2-year complete rebuild. I had the engine out to rebuild the hydro-static pump. While I had the engine out, I replaced all the gaskets and seals. I also found several burnt up and severed wires in the engine harness. Using the wiring diagram the fixed all the wires in the wiring harness. The entire time that I have owned it, the Green/Yellow wire was removed from the ignition switch and there was a wire that was added to this terminal and a another wire was ran to another terminal on the ignition switch. These two wires went to the engine harness, but i do not recall where they actually attached. I assumed they were used to bypass some of the cut and burned wires in the harness, but now i am thinking there might be an issue with the BOSS System and these were put in place to bypass that issue. I have everything reinstalled now. I have power to all the relays, but the trigger wires for the relays are not getting power. If if I use a jumper wire, I can get the the fuel shut off solenoid to cycle. I am trying to figure out what the "Shutdown" Relay does since it seems that the fuel shutoff relay gets it power from here. Also, are there other conditions that would prevent these key starting operations from happening? Currently, I do not have any coolant in the machine, the brake lever is not installed and the panel with the steer handles is removed. Is there a something I could check on the to confirm or rule out the BOSS Controller? If it is the BOSS Controller, is there something I could do to bypass it for engine starting and running? I need to move this thing in the next month, so hoping to get it to start and move under its own power for the first time in 2 years. Currently, I am waiting on a replacement fuel pump to replace the cheap aftermarket one that seems to have died from sitting. Also waiting on the OEM Block Heater, since the aftermarket one I purchased on Ebay leaked instantly causing me to lose 2 gallons of Bobcat PG. Thanks in advance for reading and any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Replies0

No replies yet.