Hey everyone where having a problem with our shut off solenoid on or bobcat instead of making one good clunk it makes multiple clunks is it the timer or actuall shut off valve or something else it starts sometimes only when it makes the one clunk the engine is a v2203-m-di-es thanks
Kinda sounds like the hold in winding on the fuel shut off solenoid. It fires up and then shuts off correct?
Yep
If I remember correctly thats just a two wire solenoid but if its a three wire one you've got to check for power on two out of three of those wires. If you have power and ground then you need a solenoid.
Rectangle shaped or triangle shaped headlights?
Didnt have head lights But i think we fixed it
we havnt fixed it ours has 2 wires and 1 earth that bolts to the outside of the solenoid could the solenoid be the problem or anything else to check thanks
And its got rectangle tail lights if that helps and its a g series And its got 2 wires into the solenoid then a earth thats bolts to the outside of the solenoid
Sorry that I'm asking seemingly trivial questions, but it's the only way I can know for sure what machine you have. The 773 was made in the C series, F series, and G series and the electrical system, including fuel solenoid, was different on all three versions. This is the left control panel on a G series, does yours look like this?
Nope nothing like it we have lights and system lock n unlock on left its not a enclosed cabin either its a older model with out aircon or heater
Ok, you have either a C or an F series machine. I only have the manual for G series machines, Crewchief888 may be able to provide more detailed info about those machines, but I can give you a little info. The C series machine had a two piece rear door, orange at the bottom with a small black painted separate piece mounted at the top of the door. The F series machine had a one piece stamped steel rear door, all orange. As for the shutdown solenoid, three wires, you should have a red, white, and black wire at the solenoid. The black wire is the ground (earth) for the solenoid. The red wire is connected to the ignition circuit and is the hold coil winding in the solenoid, should have power when the ignition is on. The white wire is the pull coil winding inside the solenoid, its purpose is to increase the magnetic pull of the solenoid when it's powered up to pull the spool in and can only be powered up for a few seconds, if it's powered up for more than a few seconds upon activating the solenoid it will burn up the solenoid. On the G series machines this is controlled by the ECU, but on the earlier machines it was controlled by a timer module. I just can't remember where that timer module was located on those machines, been too many years since I've worked on one. Now to figure out how to find your problem. When you say it fires up, then shuts off, I assume you mean the shut down solenoid simply "lets go" and kills the engine. If that's the case, one would assume the pull coil (white wire) is getting power on start up because the solenoid must be pulling the spool in to start the machine. The problem is once it's running, it shuts down. Seems to indicate the hold coil is either faulty or the red wire is not powered. If this is the situation you're dealing with, I think I'd probe the red wire with a test light and have a helper power up the ignition circuit and start the machine while I monitored the red wire with the test light.
Yes sorry i miss read it its a c series and will give that a go and get back to ya thanks