Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 773 rear spool valve seal question

steve89 ยท 2013-12-10 19:31

hello I am working on my 03 773 g series I have developed a oil leak coming out of what I think is the rear spool valve based on pictures I found on here from a link a mod posted on instrustions for replacing seal( awesome by the way) I noticed the leak right away after a cold startup (-38deg celcius) thought maybe it was some kind of a relieve valve do to thick fluid causing excess pressure so I topped up fluid and carried on. next day even after being in shop all night did it again on start up. I flipped the cab and operated the tilt pedal and noticed a small stream shooting out of a small pin hole in what looks to be a metal or alloy cap on the top spool on the back side of the control valve assembly. now my question is , is that what usually happens when those seal leak or am I loking at another issue

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2013-12-10 19:40

    Yep that sounds right, take the aluminum cover off (don't let any springs pop out) and replace the o-rings. Probably don't have to worry about the springs, but better safe than sorry.

  2. #2willie592013-12-10 20:28

    Yep, definitely time to replace the loader control valve spool seals. :yup Welcome to HEF steve89. :drinkup

  3. #3steve892013-12-11 14:46

    hey guys just finished up the seal replacement everything went perfect without a hitch. thanks for the awesome write up willie this will definetly be my goto site from now on . thanks again

  4. #4willie592013-12-11 18:38

    Sounds awesome steve89, :drinkup