Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773 tilt spool seal replacement

ErrorType11Kid ยท 2014-01-04 19:58

Hi everyone, Well I this week I decided to get proactive and work on my Bobcat myself. Whoops. Well I was leaking hydro fluid and tracked the leak down to the Hydraulic control valve, more specifically the tilt spool. Here is the route that I took. Removed the cap on one end covering the spool (two Allen Keys) Unhooked the pin which attaches the petal mechanically to the spool. On the pin side, removed another two Allen keys and a boot in which the spool slides through. At this point I was able to release the control jaws (turning the tractor to ACC, seat bar down, press to operate button) and remove the spool. Hey I got this, I might actually accomplish something! Replaced the seal on the spool side (the side with the spring, sliding the seal all the way down until it meets the washer. Assembled everything back in reverse and........ still the same problem, hydro fluid everywhere. I'm hoping someone can point out something I did wrong in the process. Anyone? Insults welcome! Thanks everyone Daniel

Replies3
  1. #1willie592014-01-04 20:25

    Welcome to HEF. :drinkup Here's a thread for you to view, maybe you'll see something that will offer a clue as to why you still have a leak. HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2ErrorType11Kid2014-01-04 21:01

    Thank you so much! See you just should have said, look idiot, use the search button! well it looks like I did not replaced the seal on the coil side....... well lets be honest, didn't even know those came off, I only saw the dust boot. Also that answers my question if those seals are directional. Thank you so much, I'll let you know how the repair goes!

  3. #3willie592014-01-04 21:09

    Glad it helped. :drinkup