Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773G fuel gauge not working

jrmicko19 · 2020-11-06 09:08

Before I try and get the sending unit out, I want to make sure the gauge works first. Any way to test it? I unplugged the wire going to the sending unit and tested it, one wire is reading 13-14v, the other wire is ground i believe. Gauge is just sitting on empty, when i turn the key on, gauge makes a sweep to full and back to empty. Cluster lights up and all buttons work. Temp gauge works also, hour meter works too. So any way just to test the gauge and see if I can get the needle to move or read full before I know it’s the sending unit? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1AllDodge2020-11-06 10:12

    Don't know if Bobcat uses low resistance for full or high With key ON remove the sender wire and see if gauge moves If no movement ground the sender wire and see if it goes to full

  2. #2Kater2020-11-06 18:54

    I have similar problem with 2015 jcb 260 just out of warranty in May 2020.... The oil gage needle moves upon start up like the rest...but does not move during operation. ?