Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773G Hand controls

andyjax ยท 2017-07-19 19:39

Does anyone have a good description of the Advanced hand controls on my 773G Turbo. Specifically looking for a reverse flow if there is one to allow my brush cutter to spin backwards and use the other side of the ax blade. Can't find an operators manual online either. Thanks.

Replies11
  1. #1crewchief8882017-07-26 07:47

    RH paddle switch reverses hyd flow at the couplers

  2. #2andyjax2017-07-27 07:36

    Thanks. Do you know where a diagram of both hand controls and an explanation might be? By paddle switches I think you mean the ones on top of the hand control that you operate with your thumb. Mine only work to make the flow in one direction unless I'm doing something wrong which is entirely possible. BTW, this CID 11-20 GPM cutter really works well on my low flow machine. I'm using the variable flow switch and running the RPMs around 2350-2400. Someone told me once I should run the throttle wide open to protect the pumps. I usually run the machine around 2350 but I wonder if that might apply with this cutter? Thanks again.

  3. #3crewchief8882017-07-27 17:33

    if the paddle (rocker) switch is only working in one direction, you wont be able to reverse the flow. quick test , disconnect the hyd hoses to your attachment, start the engine, turn on the aux at the dash, pull the trigger on the RH handle, the engine should bog down, pull it again, and the eng RPM should return to normal. now try just using the RH paddle switch in both directions, you should hear the engine bog down when the switch is in either direction. if you have an electrical problem, the controller will sense it, and set an active code, if the machine beeps 3 times,( assuming the warning buzzer works), do NOT turn the key off, press and hold the light switch and watch the hr meter display, if theres an active code the display will change to a 4 digit number XX-XX. you may have more than one code, so make sure you give the display a chance to scroll through. if theres no active codes, i'd suspect you may have a bad aux solenoid stem, or possibly a problem with the aux spool itself. aux solenoids are at the front and rear of the control valve, sometimes sticking straight up, sometimes pointing towards the middle of the machine.

  4. #4andyjax2017-08-04 07:23

    Thanks for the detailed reply. I finally got around to testing the machine yesterday. Went through all your instructions and everything seemed to work as you described with no codes. Question-I have what looks like the same rocker and trigger switch on the left hand control. Is that just a repeat for lefties or does that one do something else? Otherwise your saying the problem is the aux solenoid - are there more than one?

  5. #5crewchief8882017-08-04 17:07

    the LH handle switches activate other aux functions when you have an attachment that requires electrical control, ie: angle broom, asphalt planer, snowblower. power from the LH switches ( and RH skit rocker switch) runs through a 7 or 14 ACD harness mounted near the couplers. there are 2 aux solenoids, they are mounted on the top, or into the side of the TOP of the control valve at the front and rear of the control valve.

  6. #6andyjax2017-08-04 18:48

    Ok thanks. Guess I need to replace both solenoids then? BTW, does crew chief have a military meaning?

  7. #7willie592017-08-04 21:20

    Did I miss something here? You stated "everything seemed to work as you described", which crewchief described as such: "pull the trigger on the RH handle, the engine should bog down, pull it again, and the eng RPM should return to normal. now try just using the RH paddle switch in both directions, you should hear the engine bog down when the switch is in either direction." Then, when you did the test, the engine still only bogs down when you use the paddle switch in one direction left or right?

  8. #8crewchief8882017-08-05 06:20

    no not military. i was the crew chief for an off road truck racing team for a few years.

  9. #9andyjax2017-08-05 07:39

    Nope. The engine bogs down when I use the paddle switch in EITHER direction-left or right with the hoses detached, however with the cutters' hoses hooked up, the rocker switch only works in one direction to turn the cutter. Moving the rocker switch in the other direction just bogs down the skid steer and doesn't turn the cutter.

  10. #10crewchief8882017-08-05 07:47

    sounds like the cutters drive motor only runs in one direction...

  11. #11willie592017-08-05 21:09

    Exactly what I was thinking as well