Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773G RH thumb toggle not engaging

Pineyman ยท 2020-07-09 09:35

So I have a 2002 773G which run and drives great. Unfortunately the auxiliary hydraulics seems to only work when I pull the trigger on the RH stick. When I try and toggle the thumb switch on the RH stick nothing happens at all, no engine groan or RPM change when i push it in either direction. I am not getting any codes showing up. I also traced the wires and nothing seems to be corroded or broken. I have plenty of hydraulic oil on board and all other hydraulic functions work great. Any ideas on how I might resolve this?

Replies10
  1. #1Pineyman2020-07-09 16:13

    Update, I found a blown 25A fuse and replaced, but it still will not function. I also took off one of the spool solenoid valves and tried to get it to magnetize but it did not seem to be getting any power to it.

  2. #2Greg Burtoni2022-04-27 09:58

    Did you ever figure out the problem? I recently purchased a 2002 773 and i am experiencing the exact same issue you were having.

  3. #3tschla562024-06-15 18:34

    I have the same problem with the right toggle not working Did you get this fixed. I am experiencing the same problem.

  4. #4tschla562024-06-15 21:34

    Do anybody have an answer to why this right toggle is not working?

  5. #5Kobe Steel2024-06-16 08:52

    Hello Sir, If possible could you provide some more details so that myself or someone else can try and be of help. Could you start with the machine serial number and a detailed description of the problem such as when the fault started to occur, any other functions affected, any fault codes displayed and what functions do appear to be working correctly. Give as much details in your reply as you possibly can and we will try and help you resolve the issue. Best regards

  6. #6rgarrett4682024-07-26 18:02

    I'm having the same issue. Sn519016001 I've replaced both hamd controls and solenoids on top of the control head. I've never used the aux hyd before and the previous handles were locked up. When I first swapped the handles the high low idle switched worked but by the time I got around to hooking up the grubber that button stopped working and the only button that does anything is the left hand trigger (horn) and right hand cont. Flow trigger. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  7. #7Kobe Steel2024-07-27 19:31

    You may need to check and configure the auxiliary hydraulics with the bobcat service analyzer tool. See attached. Kind regards

  8. #8rgarrett4682024-07-28 10:37

    Kobe thanks for the info. I've taken it to bobcat to have them do this and they just reflashed the computer. I guess I'll have to call them and be more specific. Is it possible my machine doesn't need this as my handles look different?

  9. #9Kobe Steel2024-07-29 08:56

    The machine still has a PWM controller between the handles and the solenoids that are placed on the valve bank. The G series diagnostic connection for the PC service tool was at the back of the machine above the battery. The earlier bobcat models still had a pwm controller but required a hand held service tool that plugged in up by the work lights at the top of the cab. This older version was known as the BOSS and BICS set up. the later series incorporated CAN bus communication technology with additional controllers which were the ACS, AHC and BICS control systems. The dash also changed, the newer style had a green push to operate button and a small LCD screen in the top left corner that displayed hours and if you held the lights button down it would display any active fault codes. The diagnostic software gets confirmation of the handle system that is installed and from memory it may also show the handle version on the pc that represents what you actually have on the machine but I cant confirm on that as its several years since I last calibrated one of these machines.

  10. #10rgarrett4682024-07-29 09:45

    Kobe, It looks like that's the issue. Like I said I took it to bobcat for them to "turn on the aux hyd" and all they did was reflash the controller. I'll have to call them back. Manuals, thank you for the input. I'll let yall know what I find out.