Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 7753 hydro motor question

76chevy4wd ยท 2013-10-02 12:57

1993 Bobcat 7753 w/3000 hrs. Bought machine and found out rather quickly it was losing hydraulic fluid and found it in the chain case. So, I pulled both Char-Lynn drive motors, cleaned them, and put new seals in them, along with new motor carrier seals. I also cleaned both case drain filters(didn't look bad). Just got machine back together and I have a new problem. The right side works just like it should. The left side runs opposite of the lever. If I push the lever forward, the wheels spin backwards. Machine is on jack stands and the hydraulic oil level is correct. Both hydraulic motors were timed according to the bobcat directions. All hoses were permanently marked when removed, and are back on correct. Any ideas? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Bobcatdan2013-10-02 19:20

    Hoses are backwards.

  2. #2willie592013-10-02 20:16

    I honestly don't see how it could be anything else. :yup

  3. #3Bobcatdan2013-10-02 20:24

    The hydro controls direction. The motor is going to spin which ever way pressure is sent.

  4. #476chevy4wd2013-10-02 23:41

    Thanks guys, I switched the hoses this afternoon and it now works correctly. It does not make sense because I marked the hoses and fittings with a center punch and they are back on the same fittings. Anyways, it works now. After I got it working it promptly blew the hose that controls the bucket and is threaded through the frame and up to the arms. Replaced both hoses so hopefully I will be able to find out if the hydro motors are fixed. Thanks again