I am the proud new owner of a tenderly loved Bobcat 843 and am thinking of doing a full restoration of it, just wondering if anyone would have access to Owner and Service manuals for it?
they are still available in print from a bobcat dealer. parts pictures (no pricing) are available on bobcat's public website. :drinkup
Well that should work, really all I was wanting was parts breakdowns so I knew what went where. Thanks crewchief888!
Ebay has them too.
That machine looks well taken care of. I have 2 843s with the perkins engine. What engine does your have? How many hours? I have an operators manual and a service manual.
Looks clean, bucket looks almost like new. Sounds like a fun project. Please share pictures of the process as you go. Some questions: What is your attraction to this particular model, vs other Bobcat models, or like an 863 or 873? What's your intended use once you get it completed (general home use, construction, etc)? What will your 'Full Restoration' include? How far are you planning to go? Just curious how many hours are on it? Good luck..
My 843 engine just went south on me and I can not fine a replacement Perkins 4.154 or an alternative engine to replace it with. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
There's a couple used ones on ebay and a reman here http://www.dieselenginetrader.com/search/engine_details.cfm
I rebuilt one of my perkins engines about 5 years ago. Rebuild kits were scarce and expensive then. There are some reman engines available but I thought the reman was too $ high and then they take your old engine and decide after inspection if you get any core value. The 4.154 perkins was used in many applications. Check out boatdiesel.com. There is a whole section on parts and repairs for the 4.154.