Hi, I have a NH L220 and trying to find a wiring diagram for the wiring plug that would be plugged into an attachment. Also where I would be able to buy a plug that would match it to make a harness for some equipment. And another wiring question, what is the little wiring plug by ones right foot? Thanks in advance.
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond....while I don't know the pin-outs for the 14-pin electrical plug on the boom, I might suggest that you contact people at Skid Steer Genius: http://www.skidsteergenius.com/ They make all kinds of plugs & adapters for 7-pin, 14-pin connectors & attachments for various machines. Maybe they can help. What caught my eye about your post was that you have a NH L220. So do I...a 2012 L220 with OTT that I bought new at that time. I haven't run across any other L220 users that I can recall on this forum. Most of the members are Bobcat, Cat, Takeuchi, or Case users. Of course the newer Cases & NH's are essentially the same, as they all come from the same CNH plant in Wichita, KS. So, I would be interested to hear about your experiences with your machine. Anything you'd like to share...good, bad, or ugly!! You can find several threads on HEF that I've started, this one in particular you might enjoy: HeavyEquipmentForums
Any new holland dealer sells a plug to hook up to the plug and the plug in the cab by your right foot is to hook up to a est computer for getting codes and calibration
StumpyWally , i just got a 2015 L220 last year (used one ,lol) and I love it so far . I use it mostly to put round bales in the field for my horses and i also got a 3 pto adapter to run my old snow blower with it , so far only try it once and it seams ok except i put an electric winch with a remote to move the shoot and it connects to the adapter plug(cigarette lighter ) and it keeps blowing the 20A fuse , i would like to connect to the 14 pin and control it with the handle but not sure how to do it yet . also i would like to get some OTT tracks but the dealer said my tire are to wide and will have to change them as well , too much money. another thing that just started is my fuel and temp gage bars are disappearing , not sure if anyone has the same issue , again i don't want to buy the whole unit , its like $800 up here . any help would be appreciated . Walter
Walter... I'm a little confused.... By "adapter plug(cigarette lighter), do you mean the 12v accessory jack on the bottom of the left pillar?? Is the winch power connected to the 12v accessory jack, or is power to the remote connected to the jack?? If winch, the amp load is probably too high, causing the fuse to blow. I have no idea of the pinouts on the 14-pin plug on the left front arm. Have you got a manual for your L220?? Also, you could ask the people at Skid Steer Genius: http://www.skidsteergenius.com/ As to your tires being too wide for tracks, if you have 10 x 16.5 tires you need 2" spacers behind the wheels to allow clearance for the tracks. If you have the larger 14 x 16.5 tires then I don't thinks there is any way to get the required clearance. As to your fuel & temp bars disappearing, I'm sorry but I'm not going to be any help. Sounds like you're going to need a new control panel (yea, big bucks, I'm sorry), unless someone else oh HEF has an idea.
New guy to the forum here! Electronics shop in Northern Maine. We see quite a few machines in general with fractured solder joints on control boards and controls. Does the failing display seem to worsen as the unit heats up or in cold weather? I have an L220 panel apart currently, just a small snap and pop process along the sides and make sure the female connector slides free of the back. Also note that these panels seem to be "backlit" by a small arrangement of leds under the little lcd panel. Maybe you're just losing a few lights and can't read the display. Cheers.
yes thats the one but i fixed the issue , it was water on the switch itself , so i replaced with a new one and it seems ok for now . i just purchased a 14 pin plug and waiting for the actual femaile pins to come so i can use the hand control on the skid steer . Cheers
hi StumpyWally i have another question that maybe you can help me : i am trying to connect a winch to a 14 pin plug to control the shoot of a snow blower with the switch on the handle but is not working even if there is power on the winch when i press the switch botton (up & down) . prior to this attemp i was using a manual switch connected to the 12V accessory plug and it was working fine .
Those 14 pin connectors will not carry very much current. They are for controlling low amp draw solenoids . Some people have run some larger power cable from the back of the machine in loom to the front. They put a heavy duty quick connect on the end of the large cable. They hook it up to a relay in the front and use the joystick contols to only control the relay to send the power to what ever is needed. This way you will never burn out joystick switches. Simon C