Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 843 drive system

TALLRICK ยท 2008-01-14 23:43

I know that on the Bobcat 825, there is a disengage lever to allow towing of the machine so it can be winched on a trailer. Since I may be buying an 843 project, does anyone know if it has a similar lever, or am I going to have to bypass hydraulic lines or end up pulling the machine apart?

Replies3
  1. #1Komatsu 1502008-01-15 07:22

    Now -- don't yell at me, I don't do it. A local towing outfit picks up broken Bobcats for the dealer with a flatbed. The driver has a very un-PC trick. He splashes a gallon of antifreeze in front of the tires and it slides right up!

  2. #2Ralph2008-01-15 16:43

    Towing... On my 753 project the brake did not release after installing a battery. I thought I'd be tearing into that too. After the motor started, it disengaged with a flick of the switch. You might get lucky so don't be in a big hurry to tear it apart. Guess my flatbed guy did not know the antifreeze trick. To get it off he put a pulley on a tree and used his winch to slid it off. Pick a good spot to drop it! Have fun. It's a well built little machine.

  3. #3TALLRICK2008-01-20 00:08

    It was easy, I unbolted the hydro motors and spaced them out with blocks of wood. The machine moved easily by pushing and winching it on a car trailer. I am looking forward to completing this project!