Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 853 traction lock solenoid not locking wheels

Bobcat853 ยท 2018-12-27 19:17

Well the problem that I'M having is the brakes will not unlock. Now I have been thought a lot of the forms on here reading about problems other have had with there bobcats. An with no luck solved my problem . were my problems started machine was running like a top. only problem I was having was the brakes locking up now and then. lift and tilt working fine. so I went and got a new brake solenoid hoping it would solve problem and put it in. while I was putting it in I seen the seat sensor was all gummed up so I took it off and cleaned it up. well putting in the new traction lock solenoid fixed my problem with the machine not moving but I lost all hydraulics so from there I talk to the people at bobcat dealer and they said to get the push to start it to bypass the set sensor so I did and put it in and everything worked but new problems raised engine just starts to bogs down when its just sitting there under no load you push the throttle up and it revs up for a little bit then slowly go's back down when you lift the bucket up it will rev up when its raising then bogs down like its dying and the other this the traction lock is not unlocking anymore the light just flashes every few seconds . so been messing with it put old BIC back on and I can get it to move traction lock button works but no lift tilt and engine runs normal . so that's were I'm at

Replies3
  1. #1crewchief8882018-12-29 07:28

    any flashing lights or lights or illuminated on the bics? BTW when you install the bypass kit, make sure you disconnect the seat sensor. if you dont, the system still senses the seat switch, and can cause problems

  2. #2Bobcat8532018-12-29 11:31

    Yes I Have disconnected the seat sensor, and the only light that flashes is the traction lock. witch comes up open circuit voltage from what the dealer has told me. They are having a hard time making sence of it because when I told them that I have o put the old BIC system on it will unlock the wheels just fine but I don't have the lift or tilt. but with the new BIC controller I have the lift tilt and the traction lock flashes once every few seconds. and can't move the machine.

  3. #3crewchief8882018-12-29 14:27

    yea thats kinda strange indeed....