Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hooking up a 3 hose power broom to a Bobcat

darkostoj ยท 2018-12-28 12:23

Hey guys, just bought some equipment and i'm scratching my head trying to figure out how to put it all together. I bought the broom at auction, and I didn't get any paperwork or manuals and the company isn't responding to me so I'm not sure how to proceed. It is a TMG BR72 angle broom.and it has 3 hoses on it with no quick connect ends. https://tmgindustrial.com/products/5030-angle-broom From what I understand one of the hoses is a case drain? My old bobcat only had 2 hoses on it, but the new 2013 S590 has 3 hoses on it. Is the smallest of the 3 for the case drain? I just want to make sure I set this up right. Thanks!

Replies10
  1. #1KSSS2018-12-28 12:33

    yes the small hose is the case drain. Make sure you hook it up correctly unless you know that the pump is bidirectional. Most are not. I would imagine that is a broom from China.

  2. #2darkostoj2018-12-28 12:35

    Any idea on how I know which of the 2 hoses to hook up to the bobcat in what order? I would assume the broom would spin one way and if I switch the hoses it will spin the other way right? So I got a 50/50 shot of getting it right hte first time???

  3. #3KSSS2018-12-28 12:40

    yes, I would take a guess but put the machine at low idle and hit the button and see if it will spin. Carefully as to not blow the seals on the motor in case you guess wrong.

  4. #4rondig2018-12-28 21:58

    That is an eaton motor on there...definately not a chinese motor..if you give me the number on it i can tell u what it is.....looks bi directional...case drain is used because of rotation speed.

  5. #5KSSS2018-12-28 23:52

    My understanding is its not so much rotation speed but high pressure at the shaft seal. I have two brooms, both are Eaton motors from Quick Attach and neither of them have a case drain. I have a Diamond High Flow mower and a high flow asphalt saw both of those have case drains. I think it is more due to pressure than speed.

  6. #6rondig2018-12-29 03:41

    Nope... high flow equals high speed...if you look at eaton book case drain is required if 2 motors are hooked together...or over a certain rpm for the displacement...case drain is for reducing pressure in case...but also for case oil cooling

  7. #7KSSS2018-12-29 12:24

    I appreciate the clarification.

  8. #8darkostoj2019-01-03 14:05

    Does anybody know what kind of fittings I need to get? I see the Bobcat uses 1/2" Flat face couplers with a 1/2 NPT thread for the larger 2 hoses and a smaller 3/8 fitting for the case drain. This is a picture of the hoses and I have never seen these before. They had little dust caps on them and the larger was M22x1.5 and smaller was M18x1.5 I'm assuming I have to run the 1/2 bobcat style coupler with an adapter to the hose? Anybody know what kind of fitting I would need? Like I said, no clue what it is and all the hydraulic stores in town I went to said they don't do anything with Bobcat attachment fittings. Thanks!

  9. #9phil3142019-01-03 15:59

    Those look like 'Metric' ends to me. So you'd need Male 'metric' to NPT adapters. The NPT side could be either male or female and then just get the correct flat face to match. https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/9235-metric-male-x-nptf-female.html Depending on the flow of the broom, you may want to use 3/4 instead of 1/2" flat face connectors.

  10. #10darkostoj2019-01-03 16:41

    Thanks! That was just what I needed!