Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 853 – what type of hydrostatic fluid

khunfi ยท 2010-07-11 17:01

I know Bobcat says to use thier fluid, however I am not close to a dealer. What is a substitute? I have read on here someone suggesting using engine oil, however what is in the machine looks more like hydraulic fluid (clear). I bought some hyrdaulic fluid designed for machines that use it in the trans thinking this was better than straight hydraulic fluid but havent poured it in yet. Need some advice before I trash the machine.

Replies3
  1. #1willie592010-07-11 17:56

    Welcome to the forum khunfi. :usa I've been using AW32 hyd oil in Bobcat for years, never had an issue from doing so. Tractor Transmission hyd oil typically has additives for wet brakes in tractors. It would probably work in your Bobcat with no problems, but it's really not necessary to have those additives in your Bobcat system.

  2. #2khunfi2010-07-11 20:35

    thanks for the information, it is very helpful.

  3. #3razvy2010-07-12 03:30

    Same ...AW32 hyd oil from NAPA