Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What Bobcat did I just buy?

562C ยท 2010-07-13 06:28

Just bought an older bobcat. It's the about the same size as my buddy's 610, but it's newer. It still has the VH4D wisconsin, but the motor is turned the other way and the wheels are driven hydraulicly instead of mechanicly with the clutch setup. It runs well but needs a little work, and I like to buy the manual for stuff I own. Makes it a lot easier to work on! Want to make sure I get the right manual.....

Replies5
  1. #1nickbowers2010-07-13 07:38

    photo?

  2. #2562C2010-07-13 21:28

    No pictures yet, going to pick it up sunday. Frame looks a lot like the 610, with the same style sideplates, loader frame fits inside the tires, not over like the newer stuff. V4HD wisconson, turned the other way driving a big hydraulic pump instead of the variable speed belt drive that's on the 610.

  3. #3mrfixitpaul2010-07-14 07:39

    Probably a 700.....one of the first hydrostatic drive units.

  4. #4562C2010-07-14 16:13

    Frame still looks a lot like the 610, even has the hooks on the front for the forklift attachment. I'll post pictures when I get some.

  5. #5562C2010-07-18 20:03

    The man wins a cigar. Got it home, tag says it's a 700. No time for pics, had to bail straw this afternoon.......... Needs some tidying up but runs good. I think I got a great deal!