I have a 853H bobcat that acts like it runs out of fuel. I have replaced the fuel line from the pick-up tube to the fuel pump. Still does it. I can put a 5 gallon can on the top and pull out of it and it will run all day. Any suggestions ??? Thanks Rudy01
There is a pick up tube off of the 90 elbow on the fitting at the top of the tank. Pull it out of the tank and check for a broken off tube and the elbow for debris.
I have the identical problem with my 763. it did run out of fuel and that started the problem. filled the tank but could not get it primed. replaced fuel filter, still would not prime. hooked up an external 1 gal fuel tank to the priming bulb,primed & bleed it worked just fine. Hooked back up to fuel tank and it runs for a while before it quites. Have repeated this sequence many times some times it runs for an hour; other times 15 minuits or so What gives? Harold
VFW_HAL: Look at the post above you and check for the same.
BobCatMan Thanks for reply; Had looked at the above but had some doubts because mine seemed to run for different lengths of time. Was concerned maybe some sort is air leak. Regardless finally bit the bullet and pulled the pickup tube (real PIA) Sure enough the tube was snapped off at the elbow. Will get a new pickup tube from bobcat in the morning and put it back together.Going to abandon the missing (lost) tube in the tank as I can't figuer where it will hurt anything, also don't know how to retrieve it short of pulling the fuel tank; that looks to be a major undertaking. Many thanks Harold
It's more than just a pick up tube VFW_HAL, it has a strainer with check valve on the end. Your B-Cat dealer should keep these items in stock as it's a very common problem with Bobcat machines. Here's a few tips at installing a new pick up tube. > HeavyEquipmentForums
You know willie59 ! …. I reread that last section of the thread again with the guy and the '07 T300 …. and you know I just can't get over the stupidity of the Bcat engineers to design something so stupid like that …….. as you suggested to me as I too may have a floater in mine but how common is this story ??? ……i've got mine so figured out that when it clogs up i'm up and going in under 3mins ….. I open the tail gate, pull off the suction side of the primer and blow back into the tank, plug it back on, crack the bleed screw @the filter give it a few quik primes, slam the tailgate, hit the start button and i'm gone ! ….. When the tank is low it's for an hr or so and if it's more full it's longer ……It's a bit of a pain but I've still got skin on my knuckles ….LOL
I had the same problem and my issue turned out to be different. Similar fuel starvation with priming bulb colapsed at varying intervals. First thought was clogged strainer so I pulled and replaced it. Went a long while but it happened again. Drained all fuel, cleaned tank, replaced filters, polished and treated fuel buttonned it up.... happened again. Chucked old strainer and pickup tube installed new larger strainer w/out check valve. Happened again. A few weekends ago- I pulled the tank yet again (the 4th time now) and went through each peice. Turns out my elbow at the top of the tank where the pick-up tube and fuel supply line connect was the restriction. Something built up inside the elbow that was kind of soft..almost seemed like cured silicon but I can't be sure what it was...I had to drill it out and only then did the elbow flow well. What I suspect was happening was the material would relax with the machine off and allow fuel to flow back towards the tank clearing the orifice. As fuel flowed towards the engine, it would migrate or flap up and actually restrict more and more fuel flow until it chocked out the machine. By removing the fuel line upstream and blowing it back, it would clear the blockage and make it seem liike it was a clogged pick-up screen but shortly after, it would act up again- rinse, repeat. I replaced the elbow and pick-up tube with copper (no screen or check valve) and it's been perfect since. Long shot but check that elbow.
Great information Willie59 . Can't wait to tear into this weekend. I will let everybody know how it turns out. rudy01
You have my prayers rudy01.
bobcat removed the suction screen/check valve from the pickup line several years ago. if you have a plastic elbow in the top of the tank, you'll find a ridgid tube for the pickup. the plastic elbow has a slighty smaller inside diameter, and gets clogged with debris faster then the steel elbow i usuallyreplace any plastic elbows i find with a steel elbow. :drinkup
The Bobcat dealer in Mirimar Ca has two types. His service manager recommended the streight black unit; no check valve and no sock. Installed unit, new fuel filter and primed. Back in business thanks all for the recommendations and the tips.Someone was right when they called it a prelude to a cussfest. Small hands and great patients along with persistance pays off. VFW_HAL.