Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 863

Lynn jackson · 2025-04-14 09:07

New to this. Hope I’m doing it right. Front right axle sprocket weld broke just spins . Question can I remove sprocket without removing are losing axle? I’m in Cleburne Tx anyone know where to get a sprocket. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1IceHole2025-04-14 12:06

    Huh?

  2. #2Vetech632025-04-14 15:38

    You will have to remove that particular hub assembly

  3. #3fortworth-cowboy2025-04-14 18:33

    Do you mean the front RH Hub? Or the sprocket inside the chain case.

  4. #4Vetech632025-04-15 08:04

    I may have spoken wrong on this one. That model has a one-piece chain case. There is a sprocket retaining bolt on the end of the axle that will need to be removed from inside the chain case. You basically build the axle assembly and slide it through that axle housing. Yes, you will have to remove the axle and it's a pain in the ass.

  5. #5fortworth-cowboy2025-04-16 18:50

    The front ones are pretty easy, still a hard job. The rear once are harder but still not bad. You can use the hub and axle and a long prybar to get the inner axle bolt loose and off. Bottle jack and big slash hammer are your best friend to get the axle including hub out.

  6. #6Lynn jackson2025-04-19 08:52

    Thanks you nailed it.

  7. #7Lynn jackson2025-04-19 08:53

    thanks