Ok guys I have read most of the treads on here regaurding bobcat hand control problems and have learned a lot but havent solved the problem yet. It has been going since I bought the machine last year and have spent $900 with the dealer and got nothing but a battery a seat switch and countless hours of wasted time as the problem wasn't fixed when I got it home. So here it is the machine dosent have a key it has the push button pad to start it when you push in the code but dont start it all the lights on the bics light up exept the traction if you push one of the hand controls the valve lock light will go out . If I start it all the lights come on and when I move the controls the valve lock light will go out. If I shut it off and restart it mutiple times the valve lock light will stay on and it will work only one function at a time if you try to boom up and tilt bucket at the same time it will stop and valve light will go out. If I mess with it long enugh it will some times work properly when it is workeing rite you can shut it off re push the code without starting move the hand controls and hear the actuaters working both functions. But even when it is working if I raise the lap bar to get out and put the lap bar back down when I get back in the valve lock light comes on then goes rite back out and I have no hydraulic functions. It seems like outside air temperature and humidity dictate how much trouble it gives. the warmer and dryer the less it screws up. I checked the valve lock solenoid it has 10.8 volts and magnifacation to it when the bics lights are on. I have also checked most conectors on the machine for dirt and corrosion but havent found any thing that looked suspect. Do the bics boards give much problems and it it worth the $220 to replace it or can they be tested. Thanks any help would be great
Sorry to hear about your troubles Cowman. I can't offer much for help as I know near nothing about the hand control machines. But, if you've not already done this, I would advise you go over your entire wiring harness with a fine tooth comb. The way Bobcat runs all the wiring on their machines, they are notorious for a piece of the harness rubbing against something and rub through a wire insulator. It can be a real pain checking all the harness on those things, but it's worth giving it a look. Even take apart connectors to inspect connector pins and sockets. Be sure to rub a little petroleum jelly on the inside of the harness connectors so the rubber seal will slip back in the connector socket easily.
Thanks ATCO I will get out the fine tooth comb tommrow but I keep thinking a bare wire wouldnt be so sensitive to humidity or tempature I keep thinking bics board is letting in moisture but I am open to any sugestions.