Hey All, Brand new to this forum, more of a fisherman than a mechanic i guess. My Neighbor loaned me an old Bobcat 863, Her Man, my friend was killed recently and bla bla bla, I have this piece of equiptment that I am positive has not been maintained correctly, I was using it with no problem for 2-3 hours a day with small issues, like when i went to pick it up, Leaking 3/16" fuel line, Return lines? anyways easy fix and it worked great. Yesterday I was using the maching and it bogged down, considerably, I don't run it full throttle, I didn't see the need. I parked it and looked, a line was off, I repaired it and well The machine will not throttle up at all. I canged the in-line fuel filter, I see the secondary filter with the water trap has been bypassed and some other tecnilogical genius fixes to make the maching work. . . Ok bla bla bla The think will not throttle up, it runs at an Idle, the fuel is flowing though I do not know the actual pressure. as soon as I figure out the exact parts to order (Filters) I will do so and reconnect the idle fuel filter. . . OK any Ideas? I have aready read many of you don't care for this motor, not my machine, I need to get it running. . . . well with the throttle actally working. . . . thanks for reading. . . oh the serial Number is 514431135
It looks like it has the single cylinder pumps..1 inj pump for each cylinder.. It can be a few things.. That engine (1011) has 1 engine control rack that moves all the pump racks at the same time.. U could have 1 pump that is holding up all the others.?? U could have a weak overflow valve, not holding enough fuel in the gallery for the pumps to pump.?? Is it hard to start.?? Like the fuel has drained back. That engine will have a manual shut off lever by the throttle on the engine.. start the engine and SLOWLY move the manual s/o lever.. Once the engine starts to slow down, move the lever back to the run position.. did the rpm’s come back up or did they stay low.?? Keep doing that in the hopes of freeing up the rack.. DO NOT LET THE ENGINE DIE.!!! If the rack is stuck and u let it die, chances are the rack will be stuck in the shut off position.!!
Hello and thank you for the response, The machine starts up easily, it idles fine, just will not throttle up, can the fuel pressure cause the throttle not to engage and is starve for fuel die? There are many things you spoke of that I am unsure of, I do know there are no leaks in the front of the motor that I can see but the little 3/16" hose goes under the muffler and to the back of the motor, i do not see any fuel leaking so I hope there are no leaks where I cannot see. one can hope. I do not know for sure but I feel there have been a few things altered to keep the thing running, the kill switch is marked to open the motor cover. . . fuel filters bypassed. . . I think I will get a new complete filter set for this thing and add an external electric fuel pump. . . well that is if the fuel pressure is the issue. . . . I ha fairly handy with a wrench. . . I just don't know a lot about this machine, thats why I came to all you guys for input. . . It ran fine even when the other small lines came off and I reconnected them. . . the same didn't happen this last time I reconnected the lines obviously
Well a little update. . . I purchased a new filter package for this unit, changed what was necassary to reconnect the fuel system properly, changed the air filter. i will get to the rest later. I have no fuel problems, i am sure there is very little or no air in the fuel sysyem. It looks like someone at sometime reconfigured the intake for the fuel system it doesn't look like any schematic I have seen hahaha. Well as a result I have no change in this thing throttling up, its at the lowest idle possible. It starts up and runs fine. I have looked and searched through the Bobcat parts catalog and searched the manual that I bought and I cannot find what is behind a plate with 3 bolts inside the cover for the timing belt, I have not removed the plate because I don't know whats in there, I have had old fishing reels fly apart and had to find someone smarter than me to fix it hahaha. Anyways I am thinking whatever is behind that plate that caused the engine to rev up when the throttle cable is moved has a problem. Maybe something broke or fell apart. . . the linkage is absolutely fine and works properly any ideas or can someone point me in the direction of whats inside that plate? Thanks for reading
I believe this is the best advice I have received, I replaced all the filters, made sure thefuel is flowing properly to the pump rack, when I open the 17mm bolt on the tube that leads to the fuel nozzle/injector fuel pushes out and when I close it the idle stays the same, I tried your method of trying to get the rack to open up, to no avail. There are a few McGuyvered thins on this Bobcal, the fuel solenoid is not there, it was running fine so I don't know what issue that is and the fuel line has been rerouted to the tank. I am one that is quite anal about things being connested properly but I reiterate, its not my machine. so I leave some things alone, I only realized last night the soloenoid was non existent, there is no connector lie the one I seen on a youtube vide there either. I did however remove one at a time the return lines to the tank from on top of the nozzles/injectors to see if fuel was flowing out of them, not one was pushing any fuel, does this mean the injector pumps are not working correctly? There should be an ammount of fuel retirning to the tank in these lines no? I know these pumps are not cheap. I would like to get this thing working again and return it. I need to get my own rig then i will battle the problems. I have been learning a lot about Bobcats hahahaha any advice will help and than you for reading! Mikee
Sorry for the late reply, I’m pretty busy.. The only the thing I can suggest is find some place to grab a hold of the engine control rack and see if it moves..(obviously it doesn’t) Then ur gonna have to remove the pumps, 1x1 until it frees up. U say it idles.. how r u shutting it down.?? Key switch.? Manual lever.? U need to be very careful setting the pumps back in.. They have to engage the rack.!! If u miss it, the pump will tighten up but u just bent the rack & there’s NO fixing it.. This isn’t a novice project.!! U gotta know what your doing..
I am Fu**ed HaHaha I really appreciate your response and help thank you. I will let the owner know what I hjavbe been told, seems its far above me or at least my desire to cause worse problems. it starts just fine, I shut the key off and use the kill switch, the missing fuel solenoid has me a bit baffled as it was running just fine, could someting have gotten in the open hole where it belongs and caused problems? I definitly do not know enough about the rack to take any chances. . . thanks again for the response and reading! Mikee
From here... Deutz 1011 Series Fuel Control Rod Replacement Procedures How to replace the fuel control rod (fuel rack) on a Deutz 1011 series 2, 3, or 4 cylinder diesel engine. The Deutz 1011 series engine features a unique fuel system that includes a single injection pump for each individual injector, which are controlled by a common linkage rod. Occasionally, the... www.dieselhub.com Once you open the web page, click on said image to enlarge. Little red arrow in the top right corner shows the inspection bolt.
Thank You. . . .
Ok so I took the 10 mm bolt out and the metal inside with a slot moves freely. I am not about to start removing these pumps. Can the missing solenoid be the problem? Does anyone know? I feel missing parts are not always beneficial. Thanks for reading Mikee
The metal strip is the engine control rack.. Start the machine and try to move that engine rack..& see what happens.. it’ll either increase or decrease speed..hopefully..
Good morning, I took out the bolt and with the motor running I moved the bar back and forth the motor indeed did throttle up and down, when the throttle lever was moved into the high position (to my surprise) The motor stayed in the throttle up position. I ordered a fuel shut off solenoid and it was delivered. I tried to install it but it seems to big for the spot it is designed to fit in and the plu is different. I don't know how many different designs of these things are made for this machine. I used the serial munber and model number on the case website to order the part (aftermarket) I don't even know if its the culpret but it is missing, I am sure it belings and serves a purpose. thanks for reading I am going to get this thing working yet! Just finding the right bolts was a chore on its own and believe me I have thousands of bolts in my barn hahaha
Good Morning, so everything suggested works, the throttle increases, I managed to install the fuel shutoff solenoid, it just allows the key to shut the motor down. I guess I fixed a different issue. The is no change in the throttle movement. My biggest fear is something broke internally or there is a problem with the throttle governor, I have only read of it and seen the location. . . way beyond my knowlege to repair. . . I guess I need to find a mechanic that knows these machines