I had a copper seal on an injector leaking so I took it off cleaned it and replaced it. got in machine and fired it up. a couple minutes later it started loosing power and black smoke came from exhaust and it stalled. now it wont start. I have power to each fuse, and power to fuel pump, also when I turn on key I hear fuel cutoff solenoid click on. any ideas?
The fuel solenoid is clicking... but is it holding? there are two coils in the cutoff that energize with keyon but only one stays on after initial contact. Also the seals around the nozzles are designed as a one time use part.
I only replaced the one line seal that was leaking. It sure seems like the fuel cutoff went bad. ill order one and replace it. I had a similar issue years ago and for get if it was the solenoid. Thanks for your help
duetz engine? :drinkup
yes. I just ordered a timing belt set and a pair of pins. May as well get that done also.
not on a duetz.... :drinkup
power to the fuel pump? when you prime the fuel system with the primer bulb, are you getting fuel to the filter? :drinkup
What do you mean not on a deutz? I just noticed there is a fuel pump when I ordered the solenoid. where is the fuel pump located? and I tried to squeeze the primer bulb but it is hard as a rock.
ooops, crewchief is right My eyes were playing tricks on me... could have sworn the title said 763. sorry about the misinformation
He means the shutoff solenoid on the Deutz engine doesn't have two internal coils like on the Kubota Bobcat engines, only has two wires going to it, switch wire (+) and a ground wire.
Fuel lift pump - red arrow. Fuel shutoff solenoid - yellow arrow. I think that fuel lift pump has a strainer screen in it.
yeah mine has two wires going to it but originally I think it had 3 when I replaced it 10 years ago. Ill check out the fuel pump tomorrow before I go and buy one. thanks Guys.
If I recall correctly on that engine, if you remove the shutoff solenoid from the engine that puts the fuel rack in "run" position and the engine will start. Although, it will leak a little oil out of the hole and you have to manually shut it down, but it would confirm engine will run.
^^^ this :drinkup
ordered fuel cut off solenoid and a fuel pump. I checked it out and the fuel pump was empty so ill blow out fuel lines and make sure there not plugged, I also bought a timming belt but wont do it until I get it started and back in the garage.
Best not blow compressed air back through that line in the fuel tank. It has a stainer screen with a check ball on the end of the pick up tube inside the tank, you'll blow that pick up tube off.
Wille's da man :notworthy :drinkup
Check the Connection that goes to the fuel Shutoff Solenoid . It a wiring block with a little screw that hold it together. You can wiggle the wires to that block and it may work. That solenoid cost about $383 and may just be that connection.
I disconnected the fuel primer bulb to blow out fuel line to tank just in case it was frozen. It blows thru but when I try to pump fuel back out it won't come out, I know there is 10 gallons of fuel in tank. Is there a one way valve ate tank or maybe a filter? I can't seem to get to it as the tank sits below the engine
See post #16 above and search the other threads about how to replace the pickup tube. Assuming air will come out of the line and no fuel.
Don't forget the cheesy plastic fuel pickup tube falls off inside the fuel tank from time to time, can verify by filling tank to the tippy top of the fuel neck, if it runs till a gallon or so is used up you have found the problem.!
Just an update on the fuel system on my 863. I ended up moving to another posting because my troubleshooting changed and I see it is a fuel line or pickup tube coming from fuel tank. so far I replaced the fuel pump and fuel solenoid. checked and cleaned the screen in the fuel pump but still wont start. now I am at a point where ill need to jerry rig it to get it into my garage so I can raise cab and work my way down to fuel tank to see if there is a clogged fuel inlet screen.