Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 863 traction lock won’t release

whiskeyrichard ยท 2021-09-22 15:56

I just replaced the traction lock solenoid with a new one directly from Bobcat. When I start her up, all the lights come on and are solid on the BCIS display, but I never never hear the "thunk" when I press the 'traction lock over ride' button. And the machine is locked right where she sits. All functions other than wheel movement work fine. I lifted the cab with the machine running and all lights lit up and at the solenoid there is 12V going to the 'hold' side of the solenoid. I did noticed that the plunger from the switch at the parking brake is missing. Would that effect this? Any direction on troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thanks, wR

Replies2
  1. #1Txhayseed2021-09-29 20:25

    The plunger is missing from the soleniod you just replaced ??

  2. #2willie592021-09-29 21:11

    Is this a C, F, or G series machine, big difference between a C series and a G series