Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

No AUX continuous flow

ALCannon · 2021-09-22 22:48

I have a 2016 Takeuchi TL12 that has lost all continuous flow functions. No electrical power to detent, one way, or high flow buttons. The momentary aux buttons work fine. I can run a cutter by holding down the momentary button. But when I hit the detent button for continuous flow it doesn’t light up. Same for one way button and high flow button. I’ve checked all relays I could find and all fuses. I’m fearing it’s the ECU. Anyone have any other ideas before I haul it 6 hours to a dealer?

Replies8
  1. #1Midnightmoon2021-09-23 07:17

    Most likely it's a bad wire due to corrosion. Get a schematic and check all the wiring and switches.

  2. #2ALCannon2021-09-23 08:27

    Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded the factory service manual and found all 3 get their power from the same controller but the lights in the switches get power from a different controller. I’ll find those two tonight and check wiring between then.

  3. #3hopedale2023-12-06 01:43

    Hi, I have the same problem. Did you ever figure what the problem was?

  4. #4ScottB2024-05-16 20:59

    Did anyone ever find an answer to this? having the same issue on a 2021 tl12r2

  5. #5hopedale2024-05-16 22:01

    In my case it turned out that the switch was bad. I replaced and all worked fine.

  6. #6ScottB2024-05-16 22:19

    THanks for replying! Which switch did you have to replace? I have an issue with hf, continuous fow detent and the one way switch.

  7. #7hopedale2024-05-16 22:40

    I don't recall whether it was the continuous flow or high flow switch. They are easy to pull out and test with a meter. Also make sure the switch controlled by the lever that is engaged when you connect the hoses is working - I think that is also part of the continuous flow enabling circuit.

  8. #8mx7272025-10-01 14:46

    I know this is old, but you are correct. The first switch to check is the switch on the arm that gets engaged by the couplers.