I have a 863C it is a 1997 with out BOSS.I bough a Hydraulic Breaker 3 weeks ago, It is a Atlas 400-2 I flushed the Hyd oil before I used it on my 863. 3 weeks ago it would run 3 hours ? Then the Aux Hydraulics would just quit. All else still worked. I was abel to do a restart and get4-5 minuets at a time out of it. I have 2 green lights that flash top to bottom when it shuts down... All else systems would still work. When I come back in the morning it would work the same 2-3 hours then shut down . I installed 2 new stems in the Aux Hyd. That was no help.I switched the 2 solenoids on the stems back and fourth that was no help.This is getting worse I get an hour or 2 then it shuts down for the day, I am swapping the 2 Hyd Filters tomorrow Any suggestions? Thanks
You sure the breaker is working properly? Could be low on nitrogen or something. My cat did the same thing after two hours of use it would barely hit. Was a few pounds low. Haven't worked it hard since but it worked after that. Do you have another attachment you can try in place of the breaker when that happens?
My other attachments are not close to try..My Hyd breaker hoses flex from presser when it is running so I think the hammer is OK .But as your advice I will loosen the high side hose and check flow?Tomorrow.I now see in the bobcat service book about cleaning screens near the reservoir Durning the filter change I will see.
Those would most likely be the case drain filters for the drive motors. Yes, not a bad idea to check those case drain filters, any debris in there indicates a possible failure of a drive motor. Where are the green lights that are flashing? Is the oil getting hot? Breakers will generate quite a bit of heat in a hydraulic system. Be sure and lift the cover over the radiator and hydraulic oil cooler, make sure they aren't clogged with dirt, sticks, grass and debris restricting air flow. Check the tensioner on the cooling fan belt, make sure it's keeping the belt at proper tension the turn the fan.
If the hoses flex then I'd guess the hammer isn't working right or you have a return flow problem possibly. But I'm not a mechanic lol.
AT low idle not much.But when RPMs are up I can see the move. I could see the same in a auger I have..I don't have any history on the hammer. built in 2007 The bit was wore down 8 inches.??????
Thats what I started thinking it was. A temp thing? But now it shuts down before it is warm..I will check the fan.. The lights are on the upper right .Next to 2 buttons I push to start the Aux Hdy The top one starts the aux Hyd and the second one LOCKs it in for testing? as soon as it fails they blink one then the other..
So I changed the 2 Hyd Filters.I checked the coolers for trash and debris. Looked it over for loose wires..Then started it the pump made a low noise as it filled up 1 filter the other filter I installed full of oil.I worked the controls to get the oil moving .When it seemed back to normal I top off the Hyd tank.And I try the Hyd breaker it ran deferent and would still fail but this time the lights were deferent only one light would blink the green Aux Hyd.After a half hour I broke a bolt on the accumulator and blue oil out the front of the hammer.I am down till I rebuild that part of the hammer..
take a look in the operators manual, theres a troubleshooting chart for the aux flash faults. :drinkup
New filters on the 863 then ran the hammer .In the 1/2 hour I broke the #3 bolt on the accumulator oil running out.There was no nitrogen in it. I sent for a Kit. ..
Well atleast you got it figured out!