I'm new to this forum & have a 1999 Bobcat 863C that won't start after having the cab up to adjust steering linkage. It seems to crank over faster than normal, almost like it has no compression, but doesn't start. It ran OK before messing with the steering linkage. Any suggestions on what to check ? I'd like to thank "willie59" for your excellent instructions on adjusting Bobcat creep.
It might have a better ground and that makes it crank faster. As far as starting, I'd be looking at safety switches and/or wires that came apart.
What's coming out of the exhaust? a very weak flow of fog, or a good flow of clear air??? The two most likely things that will make it spin faster are no fuel being injected, or the intake air being blocked. Check for a crushed intake hose, plastic bag in the wrong place, or whatever would shut off your injection pump.
A very strange coincidence that the engine acts that way after performing steering adjustments, weird indeed, but I see no way that adjustments to the steering/drive linkage could be related. I hope you get it sorted out.
How many hrs are on the machine, and has the timing belt been replaced?
are you getting fuel ?