Bobcat 863G with duetz oil cooled turbo engine. Just started smoking pretty heavy and running rough unless running at high rpm. I cracked third injector open and that's the only one that didn't change when opened. How can I tell if injector itself or pump is stuck? Can I clean and reinstall or how to get machine functioning again? I'm not a wrench but not a total dummy either. 2nd question is timing belt swap. Any threads or videos on here for how to? Engine out or stays in? Any shop manuals available for free or cheap.
Not much help on those issues but from ownership of one you will want to keep a spare fuel pump solenoid handy. They will go out without notice. More than once I loaded the machine on the trailer running fine then 30 mins later go to unload and no crank.
when you cracked loose the inj line did it spray fuel out? if it did the inj is probably bad, if not i'd suspect the pump. as far as the timing belt replacement, there are 2 timing pins you need to lock the cam and crank at TDC, as well as a tension gauge to set the belt tensioner. the engine can stay in the machine you may also need a T25 (?) security torx bit to the remove one of the lower screws on the timing belt cover.
Perfect, thank you. That's what I needed. Can injectors need cleaning or be rehabbed or just replace them. If I've gotta buy em might as well get a set as they'll all go at some point. Yes when I cracked open I got spray out but thought it was mostly compressed air. Not sure how much desiel should spray out.
injectors can be rebuilt.
Found this on utube... Timing belt.