Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 864 fuel system,no ball pressure

StevefromNC ยท 2023-12-24 09:14

Deutz Engine. Checked check valve in tank,put new fuel filter on,it's getting fuel all the way to the injector pumps but can't get fuel out of injectors by pumping ball or turning key. Ball pressure never builds up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies11
  1. #1ozarkag2023-12-25 12:36

    Try removing stop solenoid, you can start and run with it removed, will need to manually shut down

  2. #2StevefromNC2023-12-26 08:42

    How would I go about that!

  3. #3Vetech632023-12-26 08:55

    The shut off solenoid is electric. Have you checked the fuses on the machine?

  4. #4Dave Neubert2023-12-26 09:09

    You say no ball pressure do you mean the priming bulb

  5. #5ozarkag2023-12-26 09:26

    To manually shut down? Should have a stop lever right beside the oil fill cap. Or reinstall solenoid or even push the end of the rack with a dowel or pen.

  6. #6StevefromNC2023-12-26 09:51

    Is the solenoid fuse a big square one or a small one? I checked them.They seemed good and I switched out the big ones.

  7. #7StevefromNC2023-12-26 09:52

    Yes.

  8. #8StevefromNC2023-12-26 09:55

    Where is the little hole located at,to stick in the pen? At the end of the solenoid?

  9. #9StevefromNC2023-12-26 10:03
  10. #10Dave Neubert2023-12-27 07:38

    I had a Bobcat that did the same thing there was a piece of trash plugging the inlet side of the bulb also blow back thru line to tank

  11. #11StevefromNC2023-12-27 07:50

    Thanks! I checked it but unfortunately that was not it.