Where to begin… Well I’m very green to skidsteers but I’m not new to diesel motors and I’m mechanically inclined. Need help as to what or where a coolant leak can be coming from. Ive got a 1982-84 case 1845b diesel. I’ve replaced hoses and the radiator itself. I have a thermostat ready to install but I haven’t done so yet. I get coolant leaking from what appears to be the fan area or somewhere back there. I believe it’s an old international inline 4 cyl it’ll leak pretty decent and then obviously throw a temp light. I’ve been topping it off but it’s consumed about 3 gals of coolant in a 6 hr period. I don’t know what else could be leaking since I can’t really see back there with rad installed. I can see the fluid just being sprayed everywhere by the fan. Help!
Other than doing pressure check, I would say water pump. But get a coolant pressure tester if you dont have one, rather than guess.
Sounds like the water pump. Most have a weep hole to prevent further engine damage. It should have a Case engine either diesel or gas. The diesel is the popular 188.
Hello new fella! Welcome to the HEF! What do you like to dig with your skid steer? Spraying everywhere you say? This is my bunny, Sergeant Binky. He sprays everywhere, as well. Especially, if you surprise him. Then, he will thump his little bunny foot. Merry Christmas. Hope you find the leak.
At least it's not a skunk spraying everywhere.
Sgt Binky really needs to go to freezer camp. Or, Maybe, Hasenpfeffer for New Years.
Pull the radiator because it will be easier to fix it with room anyway. use a hose clamp an bit of rubber inner tube to cover the hose ports, one with the valvestem, blow some air in there to find the leak. If you keep the radiator in place, you can usually blow into a radiator through the cap from the overflow tube, or a piece of tubing stuck onto the overflow.