I have a Bobcat 864 with a leak in a very unaccessable place. I noticed an oil trail dead center between my tracks going downhill in the snow. Aparently the cause was a oil leak in the hydralic valve assy that the right stick goes into . It is a very slow drip and there must be a drain hole in the belly of the machine in the fron that only leaks after a certain level of leaking overflow it met. The spot it is leaking from seems to be on the bottom of this valve assy and there is no easy access from the bottom or side I am told and the clearance is way to small for conventional tools, maybe there are special tools for this valve assy. The Bobcat dealer mechanic in Delaware just says he keeps disconnecting things till he gets to what he need to work on, I may end up doing this but not until I cant find a smarter way to work the problem. I was wondering if there was a common fitting that works its way loose on thses Bobcats. When the weather gets nice i am going to steam the machine and go to it , but it would be nice to have an idea of what the problem might be before I start. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated. :bash
control valve on right side of the machine control valve seals get old and weak and start to leak small at first and then you cant put oil in fast enough to keep it going seals are about 26 dollars labor at our shop is 600 6 hrs to do it flat rate depends on the machine but i can usually get it done in about 1 to 2 hours when you get the new seals they are bright green the old ones will be a light brown color it may be also the gear pump on the end of the hydrostate your looking at any where from 500 to 1500 to buy just the pump they are aluminum and are known to crack and leak spin the plates off the bottom and wash er good look before you wash for a washed area where oil has been flowing out that may be easier than washing it and the looking