Hello everyone, first post here! Managed to get a lot of things fixed by searching and most of the info came from this site so thank you! To the point, I recently bought my first skid steer and have been working down the list of problems. Repacked lift and tilt cylinders, replaced spool valve seals, cleaned for weeks....and now just about done reassembling and repainting. One of the last things that is bothering me is the hour meter is not counting. At first it nothing was even displaying but after complete disassembly of the display I found the light bulb had burned the orange reflector screen charging it preventing light to shine through. Now that I can see it the hour meter is stuck on 2254 hours. Does anyone know what sensor controls this? Or do you think this has something to do with the boss system? I’ve searched and searched and can’t find any info regaurding the 873 with boss display. Sorry for the long post, but since it’s my first I figured I throw a little back story in there. Ill also post a pic of the machine so you know who I’m talking about! Thanks all, Joe
the hr meter only activates when the engine is running and you have charge pressure. either the charge pressure switch or eng oil pressure switch completes the ground circuit. with the BOSS system you may or may not ever find the problem... i hate that system with a passion....
Thank you! I will start with those and see what I can find. I sure hope I can fix it. If not I guess I’ll be putting in a separate hour meter.
Forgot to ask, if one of those switches were bad shouldn’t a light illuminate on the boss display? Everything lights up when key is turned on but then only these are left After a few seconds and while the engine is running.