Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 873 deutz missing on one cylinder

Hpp123 ยท 2020-06-01 20:26

This machine is a 4 cyl deutz, its missing on one cylinder. So I put a new injector and a different injector pump for that cylinder and it didn't change anything. It smokes like a freight train with that injector and pump hooked up but if you break the fuel line to that injector it clears right up smoke wise, but runs no better hooked back up just smokes like crazy. has 320psi compression in that cylinder.?? What should I check next besides valve lash, I'll do that tomorrow, all other cylinders are firing like they should. Thanks in advance Garrett

Replies5
  1. #1Tyler d4c2020-06-01 20:57

    Blown head gasket comes to mind. Bent push rod a bad cam lobe is possible but I doubt it. Is it getting fuel in the oil

  2. #2tractormech2020-06-01 21:02

    Have you done a compression test on the other cylinders to get an idea of where they are at? If they are the same are you possibly over fueling the cylinder? Is the timing correct on the pump plunger? Do you shim the pump plunger so it's delivering fuel at the correct time? You will need the compression comparison first and then double check the fuel timing and rates. It's a bit of a witch hunt right now. Check the cam lobes to be sure you don't have one wiped and causing late injection and incomplete combustion.

  3. #3Hpp1232020-06-01 22:29

    No fuel in the oil that I can tell

  4. #4Hpp1232020-06-01 22:34

    I just bought this machine and noticed the pump was missing it's shim. So I might swap that pump to the next cylinder down and see if the issue moves cylinders then I'll know if the pump or shim is the issue, if not I'll check that cam lobe and order shims to retime that pump. Thanks alot for the info, I'll update ad I rule things out

  5. #5tractormech2020-06-02 20:51

    Good luck with it and we will hear from you later.