Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845c lift and tilt hydraulic issues after new drive motors installed

jeffcocase1845c ยท 2020-05-31 20:53

Hi, I have been rebuilding my case 1845c. I replaced and rebuilt the entire undercarriage. I had all my cylinders rebuilt and pressure tested about 5 hours ago. Then this past weekend i installed new drive motors and had my aux valve resealed and installed this at the same time. Prior to this my hydraulic fluid and filter had about 10 hrs on it. I drained and replaced the filter after i installed new drive motors. I made sure everything was clean. After starting it back up everything works as it should except the tilt function. The raise and lower work but may be a little sluggish. After starting it up the machine did make a weird noise and then the issue was present. I can get the tilt function to work if i give the lower handle a little pressure other than that the tilt is dead. Also the control valve or something is making a hissing noise. I have cracked hydraulic lines at the cylinders and the ts and the control valve and ran a bunch of fluid through them to see if there is air in the system. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have sunk so much money into this machine and about to give up. its a pre lap bar case 1845c i believe it is a 92 or 93.

Replies3
  1. #1petepilot2020-05-31 21:17

    fwiw my first guess would be a line to one of the cylinders is crossed that would cause what you are describing ---- assumeing there are 2 cyl. on the tilt

  2. #2heymccall2020-06-01 08:49

    Sounds like the Aux valve is bypassing.

  3. #3sims2020-06-03 09:04

    X2 on the Aux valve. Check to make it is in the "neutral" position.