Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 873 G fuel solenoid

jorswift ยท 2024-04-23 15:34

So when I got the machine, the solenoid plug was burned up. I ordered a new plug and adapter to solenoid. The plug is a 3 prong, with 2 wires. Does anyone know the correct wiring orientation? I see there are some small numbers on the plug. My old one was so bad it wasnt even attached. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Replies7
  1. #1jorswift2024-04-23 15:42

    Also, I am getting power back to the plug as well. I checked the 30a fuse, but not the relay yet.

  2. #2Vetech632024-04-23 17:08

    Pic of solenoid

  3. #3jorswift2024-04-23 17:19

    Here is the plug that I need to wire up. I only have 2 wires and 3 spots. The log ten goes to the adapter to solenoid. Solenoid is a 2 pin plug style.

  4. #4Vetech632024-04-23 17:33

    1 pin should be ground. The other should be hot from ignition

  5. #5jorswift2024-05-03 12:55

    So I cannot get power to the original solenoid wires. I checked the fuse, relay ect. and nothing. So decided to go from the hot wire from the alternator when key is on. However, I get power to the solenoid, but they do not open up when key is in the on position. I tried it with 2 different solenoids. Would both leads be hot? 1 to open and 1 to hold?

  6. #6Vetech632024-05-03 16:57

    Unlikely on that type. Probe each wire.......one of those should be ground. What I don't know is if it runs through a relay which I would say it does. Trying to jump power from other areas is just going to make things more confusing. Do you have a wire schematic for this machine?

  7. #7jorswift2024-05-13 15:07

    Figured it out. Has one hot and one negative. Wired from a hot wire from the alternator with key on. Works properly now. Thanks.