Bobcat 873 c series serial number 514112836 I'm having hydraulic issues. I can raise the boom but cannot lower it. You can put it on float and it will come down as it should. The tilt function will only go forward no matter which direction the pedal is pushed. I have a manual but it does give much help. Seems more of a generic service manual then a good one depth manual. I am not able to find one that is for my serial number either. I feel the tilt issue may be cylinders but need to do a bypass check yet. Any help would be appreciated.
one of your aux stem valves is stuck open deheading oil at the coupler. a quick and easy test engine running push the PTO button turn on aux use the paddle switch on the RH handle, and toggle it in both directions and hold it there, and try to operate the hyd functions, one way will tell if this is the problem
I found the issue is one of the two auxiliary solenoids is being turned on when the key is on. Even with the auxiliary switch out of the system. I have dug through the manual wiring diagrams but am having trouble tracking the circuit. Best as I can tell there is nothing at the key switch that has been messed with to cause this problem. I am trying to figure out where the power is supposed to come from that powers the auxiliary circuit. It is the rear solenoid labeled as h3 on the hydraulic valve diagram in my book. The bics shows no codes or flashing lights. The aux button light does flash. I removed the switch and tested to see if it was stuck closed and is not. Crew chief I did try your suggestion but it did not help any.
does the machine have a FACTORY bobcat ign switch in it? or some aftermarket switch? ive see ity happen multiple times over the years an aftermarket switch causing aux problems with certain machines
So I traced the harness back and found on the left hand side of the machine (as you sit in it) underneath the fame of the machine. Inside the left panel is a silver box and several plugs meet here. I unplugged the connector that had the green and orange wires going to it and that terminated power to my solenoid. I have not removed said box as I haven't decided how is best to get at it. Do you know what this junction box or whatever it is called is for? I also traced the harness back towards the hydraulic filter housing and unplugged it at the next junction. I had very little voltage that light up my test light at the plug for the solenoid. It is very hard to get a decent picture so hope these help.
sounds like what are describing is probably the aux controller. those things were NLA years ago
Well if that is the case, then is there a aftermarket replacement if it is indeed the problem? Any other fixes? I suppose one could try a salvage option but chances are that it could also be bad.