Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 873 oil pan removal

MinnesotaDave ยท 2020-07-20 20:49

Hi all, I need a little advice/guidance. To remove the oil pan on an 873, does the motor have to come out? The person I bought it from brazed up a hole in the pan last year when he replaced the motor, it apparently didn't hold. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I've only worked on a smaller one from the 80's - it was super simple. I have ample tools and equipment and plenty of wrench turning experience, so that part is covered. Correct knowledge is missing. Thanks in advance!

Replies5
  1. #1Welder Dave2020-07-20 21:34

    I think it does but here's a service manual. Not sure what model of 873 you have. http://ardiehl.de/Bobcat/873/Bobcat 873 Repair Manual.pdf

  2. #2MinnesotaDave2020-07-20 22:07

    Hey thanks for the manual!! Here's the data plate, does that help?

  3. #3MinnesotaDave2020-07-20 22:11
  4. #4willie592020-07-20 22:27

    I really don't think there's any Bobcat model that you can remove the engine oil pan without removing the engine from the frame, at least no Bobcat model, which is a pile, that I've ever worked on going back to the 743B.

  5. #5MinnesotaDave2020-07-20 22:45

    Makes sense, don't remember ever seeing a removable belly pan. I think the 743 is the one I took the motor out for my brother. It was a quick and easy one