Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 873G lift and dump functions not working.

Overland ยท 2022-06-26 16:03

New here, so don't know much about the site, but looking for some help, please. Just bought an 873G with 3,600 hours. Joystick machine. Forward / reverse seems to work fine, however lift and bucket tilt does not work. Previous owner said he had to tap the relay, just in front of the seat, but this doesn't work now. Any suggestions please how I should go about troubleshooting ? I'm pretty good with mechanical stuff, but not so hot on electrics. I do realize these are proportional hydraulic valves, but looking for suggestions before I take it to the dealer. Thanks in advance !! Bob

Replies6
  1. #1Overland2022-06-27 13:11

    Update. Picked up the machine this morning. The forward / reverse are the old style long levers coming out of the floor, probably direct connection to the valve. The boom and bucket functions are joysticks, electrical. When we started the machine this morning there was an oil flow to the tilt cylinders, even though I wasn't operating the joystick. So I guess I need to get myself a wiring diagram / schematic as a start point. Anyone have one they could share please ? Bob

  2. #2Deere John2022-06-27 13:53

    Do you have any error codes? Did you cause the oil to flow to the tilt cylinders with the joystick? You would wan to look up threads for Bobcat AHC issues. You have two joysticks with sensors that need to be in neutral when it starts, and two valves that require a specific potentiometer voltages to indicate neutral. The silver box infront of the seat, on the right, is the computer for the AHC system. We had a machine where it went bad.

  3. #3Overland2022-06-27 14:32

    Thanks for response DJ. I don't believe I had any pressure on joystick when the cylinders extended. Right now both lift and tilt do not respond to the joysticks. I just ran the machine and saw the following codes: 01-16 Air filter not connected 21-03 Glow plug error off 17-07 Hydraulic lock solenoid open circuit 05-04 Hydraulic charge pressure in error 32-04 No communication from ACS controller 83.1 ? 05-09 Hydraulic charge pressure low Serial # 514147744

  4. #4Deere John2022-06-27 14:39

    I suspect you are going to be tracing wires to the controller. Hopefully someone can provide a wiring diagram Service codes: https://f01.justanswer.com/TomcM28/e301b516-7f04-4cbe-a9b0-bce459b71791_bobcat_fault_codes.pdf

  5. #5Overland2022-06-27 14:50

    Thanks DJ for link. Just updated codes above.

  6. #6Overland2022-06-29 14:30

    There's several wires with damaged insulation due to rodents ! But none of them seem to be broken completely. I'll fix them and try again; hopefully just a bad wire. Some of the connection pins into the control boxes (computers ?) have corrosion on the pins, even though they seem well sealed. hat's the bet way to clean them please ? Bob