Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 953

Guyute ยท 2008-07-27 20:48

Hello all I am new to the forum and I have a question for you all. I am a small outfit, 1 mini ex(kx 121), Ford F550 long bed dump, and a bobcat 953. I recently traded a John Deere compact tractor for the bobcat and some $$$$$. I need a bit more oomph and this thing has been really well cared for. I have dilema though and that is that I want to be able to use attachments from rental yards and the mounting plate(not sure if that is what it is called) is larger than the attachments that I am seeing will handle. I spoke to my local dealer and they said I need the part from a 963 and it will be 2500.00. I have been searching for an old 963 to take the part off of or a used part supplier but with no luck. In a perfect world I would find a junkyard an get it from an old junked 963. So the first question is.... where do people send bobcats to die, none of my local junkyards have any? Second Question is has anybody had any luck modifying this, my friend is and absolute surgeon with his welding set up. it looks like it is possible with a couple of cuts to make it fit the size that I have seen. Thanks in advance for any replies, and glad to meet you all and I hope to be able to contribute to the community. John

Replies4
  1. #1Stick Pro2008-07-27 23:08

    we owned a 953 for a few years then we upgraded to a 963 your 53 is a good tractor you can make a reducer plate that mounts onto your bobtach then the smaller buckets will go on there it looks wierd but it will get the job done i will try to find some pics of it good luck

  2. #2Komatsu 1502008-07-28 07:56

    I would like to see pictures also as we always had the same problem with our 953. Ours was good until it passed 5000 hours then it seems it's always leaking oil from one place or another, always a different place.

  3. #3jlm3352008-07-30 11:12

    i am not sure why... :beatsme but i have an idea why becuz BOBCATS NEVER DIE!!!!!:thumbsup

  4. #4Komatsu 1502008-07-30 14:53

    Ours mostly hangs around the shop these days with an occasional job. We still move a lot of snow with it so it's is really starting to have some rust problems. 6800 hours and counting.