Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

average price?

334 lawn co ยท 2008-07-26 00:39

well, i had the oportunity to use a brand new bobcat s150 all of last weekend to dig a foundation for a patio. it had been a good 2 years since i had used one and it rekindled my long lost want for one so ive been looking at buying a used bobcat 753(i can't afford anything new. my price range is $4-$8000.) one that has around 1-2000 hours. what would be the average price assuming its in good condition? also, if you have any pics of mods or attachments on your skid steer post em. id like to see all the options and ideas.

Replies13
  1. #1humboldt deere2008-07-26 01:13

    your probably in agood price range for a 743 but for a 753 it will probably need some work for that price. Keep an eye on ironplanet.com

  2. #2sparky2008-07-26 06:38

    I went though the same situation last year. I used to borrow a friends 743 alot then my cousin got a 753, and last year I got my own 763. I like all 3 machines but my advice is to try and find a 763 I don't think it's any stronger but with the longer wheelbase it is smoother to operate. And will also handle steeper inclines than 743 & 753 will.

  3. #3TriHonu2008-07-26 17:34

    Up here in Minnesota a 753 with less than 2000 hours is going to cost $10,000 and up. The 2000 hour mark is about where companies get rid of them. If they are in good shape they stay in the $10k range until they are beat or well over 3000 hours. I still see early 753 and 763's with 3000+ hours selling for $9500. A 1992 752 with cab, heat and new tires just got listed for $8200 on Minneapolis Craigs List. The ad did not specify how many hours. I have seen a lot of high hour beat up skids sell at Ritchie Brothers Auctions for $6000-$8000. You are going to have to do some work on these before you get any serious work done with them. Up here a Bobcat with 2000 hour or less for $8000 is going to sell immediately.

  4. #4334 lawn co2008-07-26 19:03

    i could settle on a 743 for now. im not really going to be doin much work on inclines so i dont really NEED a long wheelbase-but it would be nice. i plan on using the bobcat around the farm some too on its off days and after i stop tree work. i would mostly be using it with a grapple and gp bucket.

  5. #5druff19692009-07-05 11:36

    those prices seem high to me

  6. #6k452009-07-05 11:42

    Is there any way (short of trying each machine) to tell what kind of inclines they will handle? I want one for use here on the farm. It's steep and hilly. I had an eval JCB and it was so tippy I about gave up on the ss idea. But I hear others that operate them on pretty good inclines.

  7. #706Case4352009-09-16 12:30

    i bought a Case 435 with 400 hrs for 12,800

  8. #8rpctsv2009-09-17 17:15

    I recently bought a 2003 Case 40XT with 1,700 hrs for 9,500 with trailor.Have dropped 500 on it in repairs so far.

  9. #9run'em ragged2009-09-17 19:59

    I'm looking at getting a 643 with 2500hours for $6500

  10. #10TALLRICK2009-09-19 00:32

    Definately too high. I got a 763 with almost 3000 hours for 2500.00 a 1996 model. It's a great running machine but I took it apart anyway. Good thing I did because I found contamination in the hydraulic system and sludge in the oil pan. The chain case needed cleaning as well. I will change all fluids and replace all hoses, as well as derust and repaint. Guess it is a matter of habit for a guy who is used to buying basket case skid steers to restore.

  11. #11skidsteer.ca2009-09-22 09:14

    If you have hilly terrain, look at a New Holland or Deere loader they have long wheelbases and more weight on the front end, making them more stable on slopes but harder on tires when turning sharply. Or a track loader, the longer track frames improves stability. Any loader will work on a slope but the operator must balance the machine, which means alway keeping the heavy end up slope. The short wheel base, the more you must pay attention to slope. Ken

  12. #1206Case4352009-10-02 05:10

    i bought a used 06 Case 435 with only 400 hrs for 12,800 i found the listing on usedskidsteers.com i realized the going rate was 24,000-25,000 What a deal!!

  13. #13heavylift2009-10-02 11:57

    Like I always tell the kids, it's cheaper for a reason....