I just picked up a bobcat 963 from someone got it for a steal. But I think it was cheap for a reason I bought it without getting it warm. Now at my yard when I raise the bucket it shutters a lot. I did a complete service on the machine and still does it. I just hope it's not the pump going. Any thoughts. Thanks
So you're saying that it only shutters once it's warmed up? but lifts smooth when you first start it? How long does it take to start, and is it jerky, or the pump making noise? Also, how does the hydraulic oil look after it's done this, any foaming, or bubbly/milky look to it?
Our 963g used to do the same thing when working it real hard. We changed the drive belt on her and it fixed the problem, that machine went through a bunch of drive belts. This sounds like the same prob, I would give that a try. Good luck, congrats on the new machine.
Thank you for the replys. It does it bad when it's warm. The old fluid was clean I still changed it. Wouldn't the drive belt make it happen all the time tho?
Our did not do it all the time just when we really worked it, and when it got wore out more it started to do it more and more, but not all the time. That was the one problem we had with our machine. Everything else worked good, it had plenty of power, and could dig like no other bobcat we owned.