Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat ACS Hydraulic lock up

Roscoe294 ยท 2021-05-06 08:34

2002 Bobcat S250 3400 HRS Hello, Occasionally (once every couple hours) when operating, machine will beep, ACS light illuminates and hydraulics lock. Turn machine off and restart, problem gone........until recently. Same thing happens and after restarting, tilt will not function right away. Eventually it comes back and it seems restarting the machine again after the initial restart doesn't play a factor. I checked for error code(s) and it displayed "NONE". When I checked for code(s) it was quite awhile after the fact. Do the code(s) need to be checked right away? Any ideas on this? Oh yeah, I have the machine in foot pedal mode. Thank you.

Replies5
  1. #1Reel hip2021-05-07 18:19

    In a case like this I say first check the plug on the wiring harness. Unplug and then plug it back in and see if it doesn't go away.

  2. #2Roscoe2942021-05-07 19:27

    Thanks Reel but can you be more specific?

  3. #3Roscoe2942021-05-10 15:29

    Finally got an error code of 32-31. Tilt actuator?

  4. #4Kawgomoo2021-05-13 02:01

    I also agree you need to check your wiring harness electrical connectors. As many codes come back to wiring faults as they do to hard part failure. Dirty connections. Pinched or abraded wires. Etc.

  5. #5Roscoe2942021-05-13 07:26

    I pulled the actuator and found some oil in and around the spacer and where the actuator pins to the spool. The oil wasn't leaking out but still present. I'm not sure if this area should be free of oil or have some residue? I was going to pull the cap to check for oil in the gears but after watching the video I don't have the tools to recalibrate.