Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat Brand Attachments on my Kubota CTL?

billybonds ยท 2020-12-24 08:52

I'm new to owning a CTL or a skid steer for that matter, I just bought a Kubota SVL 65-2 for personal property maintenance on our horse farm. After our first snow storm with the new CTL, I could definitely use a plow attachment. I found a 2011 Bobcat brand 84" plow attachment that aside from a little weathering seems to be in almost new condition at a great price. But I have heard that some older Bobcat brand attachments only fit on Bobcats, so I am hesitant. I cant say I fully understand what it is that wont fit, or the cost to retrofit it, so I thought I would come here for some education. Anyone here that can help me out in making this decision?

Replies9
  1. #1Txhayseed2020-12-24 17:06

    All skid steers mounts are universal these days for the most part. There are still some smaller machines that use brand specific attachments. How old are we talking here ? You can google the specs for any universal mounting plate and measure just to be sure but if we are not talking 1980s here it should work. I cant remember in recent years running across any attachment in the past 15 years or so that wasn't the industry standard skid steer quick attach.

  2. #2billybonds2020-12-25 10:29

    I think its the hydraulic quick connects, not the mounting plate. The machine is a 2020 Kubota, the plow is a 2011 Bobcat brand. I called my Kubota parts dept and they say there is zero chance the plows quick connects will work, especially if it was being used on a Bobcat machine.

  3. #3catman132020-12-25 23:23

    should go right on, and hydraulic coupler should be the same. i think your dealer maybe trying to sell you a kubota brand stuff.......... [ if that is the case tell them to jump off of a cliff ] i have bought 3 different AFTER MARKET attachments and they quick couple and plug right into the hydraulics of my cat 289 CTL .

  4. #4hosspuller2020-12-25 23:39

    Even if the plow quick couplers don't fit your Kubota... They're easily changed to the Kubota type and size. Go to this link to figure what you have.. https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/qd_sizechart.pdf

  5. #5willie592020-12-25 23:49

    I'm not familiar with a 2020 Kubota, but the only way a 2011 Bobcat attachment wouldn't connect to the hydraulic couplers on that machine would be Kubota decided to go all 2020 on their machine and F things up like all of 2020 has been.

  6. #6heymccall2020-12-26 00:19

    My '99 Bobcat 864H machines had the same hydraulic couplers as my 2016 Kubota SVL75-2, and my 2004 Cat 248B, and my 2019 Cat 262D3, and my 2000, 2003, and 2005 TL150 machines. Only hydraulic couplers that were different were on my '93, '94, and '96 Case 1845C. OTOH, if it's a 6way dozer blade, the wiring will need modified.

  7. #7Nige2020-12-26 05:53

    And if wiring needs modifying or adaptation, look up Skid Steer Genius on the web. They can (so they say) supply a harness to enable any brand of machine to fit any attachment.

  8. #8Txhayseed2020-12-28 21:22

    Kubota, bobcat, take, yanmar all run stucci branded qds from the factory. Now they did change styles internally on the machine side that mounts into the block but couplers them selfs from stucci on the back side. Older styles have just one oring some newer bobcats ect run the two oring style. But that wont affect your attachment. Thats just the block side on the machine. Qds are industry standard. 3/4 ffo 1" ffo and so one. The attachment your buying may have something different from the previous owner but most standard flow skids steers, mini excavators ect. Use 3/4 ffo qds.

  9. #9Txhayseed2020-12-28 21:29

    On the pin connection you can make your own harness as well. You can buy the hd deutsch connection online and fab your own harness. You can also buy a pin release tool and move the pins around on your machine side if you dont plan on running multiple attachments that require a plug. In a pinch i have to do that.