My Cat CTL SN HCL00944 started flashing and beeping (level2 alert) today. When I went into the display screen by pressing the 2 outside buttons for 3 seconds, I went through the logged diagnostic codes and logged event codes but I do know how to tell which one is active (if any). I looked back at all of the codes that I had from previous printouts from the dealer and the only code that I didn't have previously was a 490-3. All of the other diag codes were related to speed sensors and in the events codes I had low voltage, high hyd temp and high engine coolant temp but I've had those codes since last service. How do I tell what is setting off the alarm?
post serial number, someone will chime in..............
SN HCL00944
Here's the Troubleshooting procedure fir CID0490 FMI03. If this Code is active the implements will not work.
Does your display look like this and do the messages appear as per the illustration below.?
No I do not have that type of display. I just have the small lcd window below the Oil and hyd temp on the right side.
That makes sense. We had a hard time getting the electric motor to unlock the tool. Is there a way to clear this code?
Ah, ok. In that case unless someone else says different I think Cat ET has to be used. Last throw of the dice. Pull some random Codes up on your display one after the other and take photos of each one. Post them up here and let's have a look.
If it is an Active Code it cannot be cleared until it has been diagnosed and repaired. The repair will transform it from an Active Code to a Logged one. Logged Codes can be cleared but again it's a case of needing ET (I think). However see my comment above that if 490-3 was Active the implement (bucket lift/tilt) functions would not work.
I recorded a video but cannot load because it is too large. The codes are as follows: 2471-3 490-3 2687-8 2688-8 2685-8 2686-8 2685-3 I know that the above is related to speed sensors and one for low voltage, then there is that 490-3 that you helped me with. The next section is as follows: E361-3 High coolant temp E878-3High hyd oil temp E875-3 and -2 and -1 Low system voltage 4527469 ( I did not know what this was)
Last one first. 4527469 is the Part Number of the software. If the video is too large to post can you pause it at various points where the Codes are shown and use the MS Snipping Tool or similar to cut and paste a screen shot of each one..? As you mentioned before 2685-2688 are all related to speed sensors. 2471 is the door switch. 490 is the implement lockout switch. One of those must be Active I would've thought. It's just a matter of figuring out which one.
My operator is with the machine and we have found a hyd leak at a fitting going into the drive hub. He said that there are some wires that are hanging that have been pulled out. Im getting him to send some pics