Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat chain link & Aux. conn. leaks

jav ยท 2010-10-04 11:13

This weekend I was finally able to use my rebuilt 843. It worked great but I noticed 2 issues and have questions about each. 1) I can hear the drive chains occasionally hit and rub on the chain case. Is it possible to remove 1 link (using an offset link) or is new chains the only option? 2) My auxiliary connectors on the front arm are leaking. I'm pretty sure I accidentally engaged the Aux. Hydraulics as they don't usually leak. Are they supposed to be self sealing under pressure? should I just replace them or perhaps make a short loop back hose to recycle the fluid? thanks John

Replies3
  1. #1frogfarmer2010-10-04 13:25

    If the chains are excessively loose the best bet is replacement they are relatively cheap compared to the labor necessary to access them. I would also inspect the sprockets and consider axle seal replacement while its apart on a machine that old. I realize I have suggested some pricey parts but the drive is actually the most important part of the unit. If it only gets very little use the chains may last a long long time. The aux conectors should not leak; time for new.

  2. #2jav2010-10-04 14:20

    Thank you! By any chance- does anyone know the chain type or dimensions used on the 843? I presume they are ANSI standard chain...perhaps size 80 or 100 heavy?

  3. #3MXZ2010-10-04 15:34

    If you're making a loop for your couplers, you're buying 2 couplers + a hose and fittings. Just replace the couplers on the machine unless they're just leaking at the threads and can be retaped and tightened.