Almost a year ago I did the lift and tilt spool seals in my 751F and a big thank u to the write up on here for the info and help on here. I somehow managed to pop the detent cap off when I pulled the spool out and lost the spring in the shop. I use the machinE for snow and it was leaking bad so I had to reassemble without the parts was weekend. Well I never got around to it and I got to do it now. Is there an easier way to get the spring and balls on then pulling spool out. I feel I may be able to get it on inside the machine in place I'm scared to ruin a seal by removing again. But I read in the huge thread guys used all sorts of ways to get them back on but w spool out. Anybody done one while in machine or got a trick. Thank in advance
When I did the lift spool on my machine, I ended up pulling the spool out and doing it on the bench. I also broke down and ordered the pliers to install the detent balls and springs. I fought it for an hour without the pliers lost the ball and had to get a new ball. I picked up an extra couple springs and balls. Then decided the pliers were needed, once I got them in it took 5 minutes and I had the assembly together and another 10 and the machine was up and running. I would just have some extra spool valve seals on hand just in case one was messed up pulling it out.